CEO: Dick’s Sporting Goods Destroyed $5 Million Worth of Guns -- And Showed a Profit In Recent Reports

From the New York Times: The company’s CEO said Dick’s had destroyed over $5,000,000 worth of guns and was reviewing its national gun sales policy throughout its entire chain. In an interview with CBS, Edward Stack said, "“So many people say to me, you know, ‘If we do what you want to do, it’s not going to stop these mass shootings. And my response is: ‘You’re probably right. It won’t. But if we do these things and it saves one life, don’t you think it’s worth it?’”

In an interview with the Washington Post, he criticized Sen. Mitch McConnell for dragging his feet on gun legislation.

And for those who say this change in gun policy is hurting the company, he said same store sales were UP 3.2 percent in the second quarter.

Last year, it was reported two employees of the chain quit over the change in policy. "Until Edward Stack came out with these absolutely arbitrary and insane rules, I had no issue [working there],” an employee told Fox News.

But we were told by some of the experts here that Dick’s would go out of business if they stopped selling guns because, well, “Murcia”!!

Yup. And I love the CEO saying if they save one life, that’s great. Because they will.

No we weren’t.

There’s absolutely no evidence to show that is true.

Wrong again as usual

1 Like

What are you talking about?

1 Like

I hope, and I bet, not exactly the strongest case you can make nor does he claim to be an expert.

Try again.

Can’t keep up with your own posts?

It isn’t even possible that this move by Dick’s is going to even one life and there’s certainly no way you can show that it can, has, or will.

It isn’t even possible that this move by Dick’s will not save one life and there’s certainly no way you can show that it can’t, hasn’t, or won’t.

Yes we were.

2 Likes

Of course I can. Whether Dick’s sells AR’s or not they are still readily available and they are the least frequently used platform in homicides period.

Anyone that wants to get a gun to commit a murder can and will get them even if Dick’s ceases selling all firearms and ammo.

None of which says this will put them out of business.

Keep trying.

Prove that it can’t, hasn’t, or won’t; citation and link please.

2 Likes

Don’t have to. I posted links that reasonable people would accept as good arguments for the point I was making.

Over 6000 homicides with firearms have been committed since they stopped selling AR’s.

And not 6001, I win!

are dick the one with the 4th largest pyramid in the world?

Good for them. I like to see American businesses do well.

The CEO thinks it will. He’s in a better position than both of us to know.

1 Like