The financial cost of Dicks banning assault rifles

Here’s where Dicks stopped selling ARs in 2013.

You guys fell for a PR stunt.

Next in the news Starbucks says they will no longer sell AR-15s in any of their stores either.

2 Likes

Wait didn’t Starbucks have to send it’s liberal baristas to diversity training cuz they don’t know how to treat black folk?

Really just here because my inner 12 year old loved the thread title.

The increased tax revenue generated will help lower the deficit. It sounds like a plan is coming together.

I wouldn’t buy a gun from Dick’s anyway.I have little doubt the small gunshops can make a better deal.

I didn’t even know they sold guns till this came up but i bet they are over priced in a similar manner to what Gander Mountain guns are.

"In its earnings statement, the company blamed the same-store slump on “a continued deceleration in hunt and electronics sales”…

The stock went up because of guidance not sales…

I just read an on-line story where several SB’s employees were quoted saying that their sensitivity training was primarily about how brutal police are to blacks. I guess the message was, “you are a racist if you call the police to evict a black trespasser because they will beat the person half to death while arresting them.” (Training provided by BLM? :wink: )

Much like Elizabeth Warren declaring that she will turn down campaign contributions from the NRA. :wink:

They claim to have a price match guarantee. Find a better price and they will match it. They have the buying power, so it’s not unrealistic to suppose it could be true.

They will have to do better than match. If they are comparable I’m going small shop every time.

Me too if it’s easier. It’s good to support the little guy but I don’t let it run my buying habits.

Gander Mountain was substantially higher. I didn’t even know Dick’s even had guns.

Is anyone organizing a boycott against them? I sure haven’t heard of any.

However, you all have organized a boycott (called boycott the NRA) that has actually tried to affect Amazon…care to tell me how that is going?

Poorly I would say.

Now they are blaming thier gun policy on theeri lagging sale. The rest of the retail world is boomin, but not Dicks. Ha ha…

" Dick’s Says Under Armour, New Gun-Sales Policy Dragged on Results"

"Comparable-store sales fell 4%, Dick’s said. Not adjusting for the 53rd week last year, the company’s same-store sales declined 1.9%.

The weaker-than-expected results bucked a trend in the retail sector, which largely has benefited from a surge in consumer spending fueled by a booming economy."

They should have looked at what happened to K-mart in the 90’s with the same policy…

I can understand Dick’s new sales policies. In fact, if I were them, I’d probably get rid of gun sales altogether. I would have gone back to them if that was their only anti-gun policy. That said, what I can’t forgive (and why I won’t enter a Dick’s Sporting Goods store until their going out of business sale), is that they hired gun control lobbyists for the purpose of advocating for gun control in Congress. That’s unforgivable, as that is in no way a reasonable business decision–it was a political spit in the face.

I think that’s hilarious. It was a stunt to brown nose the anti gun people. They thought they would make money out of it. If they had been serious they would have stopped selling all firearms. They all contribute to gun deaths.
I hope the hypocritical bastards go broke.

Me too! And I bet they will go broke, you can tell by how the fact that they don’t care sales are down. Really arrogant CEO. The place is too expensive anyway…

I think CVS announcement of stopping tobacco sales was a little more obvious in hypocrisy.
They issued a long tear jerking announcement in February that tobacco sales would end in September. They told how their business was concerned with their customers health and how cigarettes destroyed their health. Yet, they had decided to continue destroying their health for another seven months. I haven’t stepped inside of a CVS since then.