CEO: Dick’s Sporting Goods Destroyed $5 Million Worth of Guns -- And Showed a Profit In Recent Reports

Libs aren’t reasonable people.

There are huge gun stores called gun armories in these parts. Dick’s isn’t preventing a single sale.

No “gun armories” in my area.

Bet you would be surprised.

IMO…you should forecast both the lives lost…and the lives saved and what ever value you place on the one life, multiply that times the actual forecast. Guns save more lives than they cost…by a long shot.

1 Like

Yes we were.

Yeah, guns don’t kill. :grinning:

You’re correct guns do not kill.

You’re learning.

Pure speculation. No way of ever knowing if this act will save a single life.

It isn’t even possible. AR’s are still available from tens of thousands of sources and Dick’s still sells guns.

You don’t need an AR to commit murder and half of all mass shootings are committed with handguns/shotguns only or a combination of the two.

All I have to say is their name is fitting. :wink:

Only if you added a “less” to the end.

2 Likes

No way of knowing it won’t either. As I said, the CEO thinks it will. Fewer guns save lives. And he and I aren’t the only ones who think so.

If that were true we’d be having more people murdered in the US today than at any point in history.

Nothing Dick’s is doing is taking even a single gun off of the street.

More than a hundred million new guns have been sold in the US, and many more millions of used firearms have traded hands since violent crime rates peaked in the US in the 90’s yet today’s violent crime rate is lower than we’ve seen since the mid sixties.

Dick’s making fools of every buying their BS.

If nothing Dick’s is doing is taking a single gun off the street maybe we need to do that. If that’s what’s effective maybe we need to do that.

No look at what I quoted you as saying. You stated it as a FACT (Because they wll), that it will prevent at least one death.

You do not know that.

Oddly there are some on this thread that are sure it won’t save a single life.

I can only assume you will similarly disabuse your friends who are saying with confidence that it will not save a single life.

No one can say for certain it will not save a single life.

Both extreme that say for certain are wrong.

But the important thing is you absolutely cannot say it won’t. That’s what the Dick’s CEO believes. And a lot of reasonable people as well.

It’s just as important as YOU being able to absolutely not being able to say it will (with the certinty you did).

But you should know that.