Another white texas cop murders a black person

I am in full agreement with you on this one. So many mistakes were made by the responding police officers, particularly the shooter; there was zero justification for this incident.

5 Likes

And according to the morning news, he is not cooperating with the investigation.

Heā€™s under no obligation to do that.

Still going to turn out bad from the former officer on this one (AKA going to spend a lot of time in a tiny cell with lots of time to think about his mistake).

Rummaging around in all parts of the dark yard and shining flashlights around the property makes them a target for a frightened person in the house who may mistake them for being a threat.

Question. Because I really donā€™t know. In response to a non emergency welfare check call. Is it appropriate for police to go onto private property and start snooping around? Thereā€™s no obligation for anyone to answer a knock at the door. Minus any signs of trouble, isnā€™t that the end of that police visit?

Iā€™m just having so much trouble wrapping my head around this tragedy.

But less of a target through a window than in an open room (had they gone inside).

It all depends on what was said in the call to dispatch. Iā€™ve had officers kick in a door. Iā€™ve also had officers go around the home looking for an unlocked window to go in through.

Depends on protocol and what information was given.

The officer, in my opinion, was in the wrong to fire that fast.

Same here. Itā€™s awful that a cop can March into someoneā€™s home, when the person is unarmed, and shoot them on sight.

1 Like

The nephew is saying the victim pointed her gun towards the window where the officer was. She had the right to do so if she heard someone outside her home at 2:30 in the morning. Now the police is saying it was a bad idea to release the picture of the gun. Yeah, it was, especially now that they find out it was legally purchased and she had a license to carry it. Can the police in Texas be any dumber?

And Texas is an open carry state. This puts a block in the argument that open carry is the end-all to gun safety.

1 Like

Whoā€™s made this argument? Link please.

Who said that?

This was a stupid cop doing something completely brain dead and not showing any respect for the citizen he murdered.

Easy find.

2 Likes

Where is open carry mentioned in the post you quoted?

Itā€™s part of exerting second amendment rights.

But not at all related to what you are trying to portray in your post.

The statement you cited (which I bolded) is not saying that ā€œopen carry is the end-all to gun safety.ā€

Not even remotely.

1 Like

Itā€™s all related.

1 Like

No itā€™s not.

Open carry has absolutely nothing to do with the OP, nor with whatever cockeyed point you think you are trying to make about gun safety.

She didnā€™t need a license. That is completely irrelevant.

What an incredibly stupid post. Education is in order.

@GWH would you move this out of the graveyard and into the 2nd Amendment forum please?

This lady citizen was obviously exercising those rights when this fascist agent of the state took her life.

Thank you.

2 Likes