Another white texas cop murders a black person

What the hell is going on here…isn’t this like second shooting of unarmed black women?

There are too many irresponsible people with guns. And too many people who feel fear when they see black.

1 Like

it’s the second one of an unarmed black person in Dallas inside their own home by a cop.

Was it a black neighborhood? I really don’t know, but all the neighbors I have seen are also black.

If so, that’s a problem.

Is it starting to sink in why NFL players and other athletes started kneeling a few years ago?

We’ve got major problems with law enforcement getting away with murder, literally, in this country and rather than addressing the issue Trump Loyalists and conservatives decided to make Kaepernick a political enemy.

And the problem is not getting better.

1 Like

i believe it is although im not 100% sure.

the police have refused to release the cops name.

of course if instead it was a cop who was shot the police would release the name of the suspect instantly

this is the same police department where 3 years ago a cop was caught on video spraying pepper spray at motorcyclists riding by and rather than being fired or suspended was given undiscloded “internal sanctions”

Nothing in the thread title is false. The truth can sometimes be brutal.

the cop has finally been named and has quit the department.
he needs to spend a decade or so in prison.

1 Like

A decade or so? No, life or the death sentence is appropriate here

1 Like

I feel this is more appropriate, but will never happen.

1 Like

This will not stop until there is actual accountability for those who do it.

Body cam footage has been released. Seconds after the cop orders her to put up her hands, he shoots and kills her. She didn’t comply fast enough alright…I for one am hoping more of these trigger happy cops are held accountable.

Charged with murder. I hope he gets to spend the rest of his life in jail.

1 Like

I am so struggling with this. These cops got close enough to the front door to see open door, closed screen door, brightly lit interior with no signs of struggles.

Can someone who knows better please let me know why they didn’t just continue on to the door and ring the bell or knock?

Nothing about that decision to wander the property shining flashlights into the home makes any sense unless you’ve already knocked on the door and got no response.

And even if no one had answered the door, is it appropriate to wander the property shining flashlights into the home? This wasn’t a 911 call. It was a wellness check requested by a neighbor. It’s not illegal to not answer the door.

Just so tragic.

Anyone?

Can any police people explain this? This case just eats my soul.

How much of the house can they see? Is there/was there a struggle in a room they can’t see from the doorway?

It all depends on how the call was called in. Was it – my neighbor is in the hospital and now the door is open and lights on? Was it the doors open lights on and I can hear weird noises? The way it was called in plays a huge part in how officers react.

Officer safety. Bad guys expect the officers to come in the front door. Ring the doorbell or knock? Gives anyone inside the home a heads up.

I can tell you that bad crap happens even when a call doesn’t come in on 9-1-1. Again, a lot of it depends on what was said to dispatch when the call came in, and what dispatch told the officer responding.

Very much so.
Officer has now resigned, and been charged (rightfully so) with murder.

1 Like

You are right, there was a gun in the house … but not in her hand. And yes, she did not comply quickly enough … she had approximately one second, about one beat of her heart, between his order and him pulling the trigger. Good shoot. :roll_eyes:

Time it … it was less than “seconds.” He also never identified himself as a police officer.