2nd Unite the Right Rallies Slated for Charlottesville and DC

Removal or replacement is good with me. History wont be forgotten because some statues got removed.

We still remember Hitler without having statues of him.

1 Like

Save your rant for those defending racists. I have not seen a post defending racists yet.

I’m much more supportive of this method as well.

But the addition I would make is that if a local community decided to remove a monument then there needs to be a national park type place where they get moved to, not destroyed.

So let me ask this, why was Trump’s statement so general? How else (besides someone (or radio) having to interpret his statement) does one see this on the surface? No one should have to interpret what Trump was implying. If Trump was talking about heritage, then just say it.

There were no specifics in his statement. No condemning the neo-Nazis or racists. No nothing. His inactions was tip-toeing around a situation that he should out-right condemn the views of the Unite the Right racists.

It’s too bad that so many want to tear down history to provide their selfish, fragile, snowflake selves a “safe space”.

Same for Democrat kkk leader Robert Byrd.
Same for the creator of “the Negro Project” and founder of the organization that targets unborn black babies for extermination, Margaret Sanger.

Oh… my mistake … you still have your heros’ statues up.

You are trying to tiptoe around the issue and win internet points by implying that there were some non racists happily attending a rally that was organized by, for and in support of racists.

Not really good ground to be on.

It is boggling that you think it makes sense.

1 Like

My my how you’ve deflected to a dead Democratic politician being a racist in under 75 posts.

Have you condemned Unite the Right yet?

1 Like

When the rally is over, we’ll see who attended and make a judgement call. I’d rather let the evidence shape my opinion than lib rhetoric that attempts to label those they don’t like as…racists and Nazi for all of their sheeple and then attempt to shame those who don’t fall in line. it’s weak my friend and that’s…“sad”.

History still exists.

There is no need to celebrate and glorify traitors to this country who fought to protect the institution of chattel slavery.

Yeah…let’s tear down statues.

Did you complain when the Iraqi people tore down the statue of Saddam Hussein?

Its history. Or were those people “snowflakes”?

1 Like

I don’t agree with destroying statues. Simply move them to museums.

I have said just a few posts ago.

The statues are a local issue.

If they want to keep them up or take them down… either is fine by me.

What Statues Canada has does not concern me one bit.

Unite the Right 2, is being put on by the same White Supremacist who did the first. These are white supremacist rallies.

l[quote=“Jezcoe, post:27, topic:9527, full:true”]

I have responded to that line of reasoning before. This is how it goes.

Say you have no idea that the “Unite the Right” rally was organized by White Supremacists to advance the cause of White Supremacy.

I will give someone that level of ignorance.

Say they don’t have any communication devices to the outside world like a smart phone, radio, Television, internet… and they missed the “Jews will not Replace Us” Tiki torch rally the night before.

Sure… I will give some one that.

The second though that someone who shows up in that ignorance of the events leading up to the rally and sees people breaking out the Swastikas and other symbols of White Power and that person doesn’t turn around right there… then they are fine with marching in support of racist ■■■■■■■■■

There really is no excuse.
[/quote]

Quoted for being the ****ing truth.

That’s not what these guys are.

Some of them are now-NAZIs, the rest are Neo-Confederates.

There were over 170,000 free blacks who fought to free their enslaved brethren.

Why do we always forget that by the end of the war 10% of the Union army consisted of black units?

1 Like

None…

I wish someone would tell this to Trump supporters:

2 Likes