Young boy dies in immigration custody after being "diagnosed" with a cold

This whole thing is tragic. But unrelated to the tragedy of a child dying, I personally would not trust anything from the Daily Caller without corroborating evidence. They have been caught too many times deceiving their readers with fake news and fake sources. Do you have any links from any reputable source for this?

DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen criticized the government for the boy’s death. According to USA Today, she called the boy’s death a “deeply concerning and heartbreaking” tragedy and USA Today said she cited U.S. immigration system failings for a growing border crisis. Sad to see some people trying to draw criticism away from the government. They set this situation up. Of course, they’re responsible.

How many kids who go to a Doctors office or hospital are immediately hospitalized and kept for a 103 degree fever?

Well first of all the source is kinda sketchy

Following the child’s first discharge from the hospital, both he and the father were put into a temporary holding facility where agents were aware of the child’s illness and provided the child with his medication. A few hours after the father and boy entered the facility, the child complained of being nauseous and later vomited.

It was at this point the father declined further medical treatment for his son and told officials he “had been feeling better,” an official said.

Father allegendly said his son was feeling better and didn’t want any further treatment. What if Boarder patrol had followed the fathers wishes?

Again, the source is the sketchy kind.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/26/guatemala-medical-treatment/

Ask a doctor, but as a parent, I wouldn’t let that kid go.

So if the Doctor says here’s a couple prescriptions, watch them closely . . . you’d look the Doc in the eye (you know the professional) and tell them you want your child admitted to the hospital?

Also remember as a parent, more than likely you wouldn’t go to the emergency room unless you couldn’t get in to see your normal family doctor.

Guessing you don’t have kids. I’ve had a kid with a fever higher than that, and they were not hospitalized.

You’re wrong because depending on the age of the child, especially if it’s an infant, 103 can be very dangerous.

And I do have a son, though he’s over 21 now.

Do the doctors in the United States have history on this child? Would he be treated any differently than any child that came in with cold/flue symtoms?

Why would he be treated different without knowing his medical history? Did daddy dearest fill out the paperwork wrong?

keep in mind if the other article has accurate information, Daddy dearest didn’t want him to go back to the hospital when his symptoms were getting worse.

I’m not playing the usual game of parse every single scenario ad infinitum with you. They decided today to give all the kids medical checks. That should tell you they know they dropped the ball.

No it doesn’t. How many screanings to apparently healthy kids get normally?

Say two kids in a school fall ill, is there a manditory screening for all kids at the school?

That’s totally irrelevant. This isn’t school.

Healthy kids in a US school haven’t just spent weeks trekking on foot across Mexico, having left behind a life of questionable health and safety.

2 Likes

You’ve had a kid with higher than 103 degree fever, and had no contact with general doctor, or visit to urgent care or ER?

So blame the parents then right?

Putting their kids in danger with a dangerous trek?

i didn’t say that.

I said they were NOT HOSPITALIZED.

Of course they saw a doctor. And we followed the doctors directions.

Likely a prayer for a safer and more secure life than the one they left behind.

Oh. So your family had full unfettered access to any sort of health care you needed at a moment’s notice.

I never understood the strategy of peppering irrelevant questions until the discussion dies from boredom.

4 Likes

Government healthcare

I never took a child with a fever/vomiting to the ER. We home treated until the Doctor could see us the next day. I’ve never had to wait for more than a day to see my Doctor (well now I do since I have to see a Doc that specializes. If however it was an emergency for a routinue illness, any of the other 4 docs at the clinic could see me, and they would get me in within a day).

The only time I took a child to the ER, was when one became un-responsive. And that was an alergic reaction to a medication she was given. They gave her the magic serum, watched her for two hours and released her.