Young boy dies in immigration custody after being "diagnosed" with a cold

Probably not very “high” depending on what you mean by high. The substantiation is in your own statement. Influenza, common cold, have short incubation periods. While yes, some have longer, the most common respiratory viruses do not. Common things being common, it seems a higher likelihood he contracted the illness after apprehension. I don’t know the location he was held, but it’s common knowledge that keeping people in close quarters dramatically increases risk of catching something.

Just a gentle reminder … Most of the 9/11 terrorist came across the northern boarder… Can we please stop pushing that narrative

1 Like

What?

10GoFundMeBuildTheWallScam

One point here: The boy was released from the hospital with a 103-degree fever. Why?

And authorities have now ordered medical checks for all the children they have in custody. That’s a very good development and something that should have been done from the beginning.

1 Like

If he did enter the country with “whatever killed him,” feds should have found that in their processing of him. It’s clear that up to this point – since they’ve now announced they’re at least examining all of these kids (something they weren’t doing before) – that they were processing them like pieces of paper. So to you naysayers, yes, there is federal responsibility there.

1 Like

You don’t remember the Yellowstone super volcano threads?

Well, a great big dome over the continent could protect the rest of the earth. Just pointing out the side benefit to the dome you were being humorous over.

The people responsible for border security right now are overloaded. Your blatant attempt to politicize this child’s death is disgusting.

Why was he being drug all the way across Mexico at the age of 8…I would suggest the people who thought that was a good idea are way more responsible for his death than ICE, the Border Patrol and The administration.

But I m sure that won’t stop the kookfringe left from racing to place blame where it doesn’t belong without any real facts to support their positions.

1 Like

I didn’t join here until last spring, so I know nothing about the old board.

Or those people without borders organizers who apparently drum up unrealistic expectations?

You can tell by reading the comments, progressives have no idea what conservatism is. Conservatism 101 - Conserve what you have (society), all changes should could come slow as not to destroy what was passed down to us by our forefathers. Which includes culture, customs, and laws.

Millions of people illegally residing in the U.S. from border crossing and visa overstays is the opposite to what we believe, you’re not going to change that no quicker than I am going to change a bleeding heart liberals mind. I could care less about a wall but the difference is the left is giving no other plausible alternative to stop the flood of migrants and illegals, so people who want to end illegal immigration (Which is the Majority) are stuck with the one guy who is trying to get it done. If Biden or some other democrat ran on stopping illegal immigration I would vote for them.

2 Likes

I’m gonna assume you meant you couldn’t care less about a wall, why is that?

I know enough about conservatives to know i don’t want to be one.

1 Like

How did Native Americans get killed off?
Numerous diseases were brought to North America, including smallpox , bubonic plague, chickenpox, cholera, the common cold, diphtheria, influenza , malaria, measles , scarlet fever, sexually transmitted diseases, typhoid, typhus, tuberculosis, pertussis ( whooping cough), etc.
Our kids are no long able to fight off these sicknesses…Ask your doctor!

There is something missing; there is more to this situation. Most people’S immune systems, even upon primary exposure, destroy the virus within 1-2 weeks. I wonder if this boy had undiagnosed AIDS, which would make him more susceptible to oppotunistic infections? Either that or it was another more deadly adenovirus. Either way, the government is not necessarily responsible, because they went on what they knew based on the documentation provided. Let’s wait until the autopsy is complete. (I might edit this when I have time to read the article.)

This is what the left does- using people’s personal tragedies as political footballs. But alas, that is the core of identity politics.

Okay, but you can’t just say that about the left. The right has done their fair share of political football punting as well. The four men killed in Benghazi alone were handed off, passed around, and spiked for over seven years. The lady in San Francisco was used much the same way. Some on the right are just as guilty as some on the left.

Don’t fall intp the trap of making lazy generalizations. You’re too smart for that.

3 Likes

Is there anyone in the Administration now who has been accused of issuing a stand down order to physicians or has come out to say what difference does it make now about this?

Benghazi and these two deaths in custody do not line up.

Its not a “personal” tragedy. This was a young child under watch in a government facility. The fact that you just write it off as a meh whatever is … interesting. I guess I can understand it though, given how people view immigrants as diseased animals. Ya’ll got more upset over NFLers kneeling than the death of a young child.

According to an updated report, after being discharged from the hospital the father of the child declined further medical assistance once back in the detention center.

Story update

Following the child’s first discharge from the hospital, both he and the father were put into a temporary holding facility where agents were aware of the child’s illness and provided the child with his medication. A few hours after the father and boy entered the facility, the child complained of being nauseous and later vomited.

It was at this point the father declined further medical treatment for his son and told officials he “had been feeling better,” an official said.

During a subsequent welfare check, agents at the facility noticed the child’s condition and transported him to the hospital. The child later lost consciousness during transit and was eventually declared dead just before midnight.

Poor kid. .

1 Like