You know your woke when the French call you out

[Axxowiz, post:37, topic:238338"]
Western Europe is living parallel societies not central and Eastern Europe their leaders look at Western Europe and say openly we don’t want to be like that.
[/quote]

Western Europe has been multicultural for decades. This has nothing to do with the current migration that is fueling the right wing there.

There are people there who just don’t want to admit it.

Fun fact. The Flemish and the Walloon can’t stand each other and they have lived in a country about the size of Maryland for centuries now.

No European country is a monoculture and it never has been. It never will be.

And now with some wanting to confront the imperial past… that ticks some off.

There has never been absolute freedom of speech in this country. Neither has there ever been the idea of speech without consequence.

People are free to hold any opinion that they wish… they are not free from others not liking that opinion.

France already has a horrible track record on free speech. This is crocodile tears that they are crying. You don’t like cancel culture. France has State sponsored cancel culture as long as it is protecting the correct and sanctioned culture.

Cancel culture has become this big bugaboo for something that has existed since like forever.

Like “Identity politics” the right has now convinced enough people that they are the only ones who don’t do it.

As for what the framers had in mind… I really don’t give a crap… they have been dead a long time. I don’t worship living people… not going to worship dead ones. Every generation should be able to decide what is best for them.

If the US is to reach a point where there is a break up… I have one question about that.

Over what?

What is worth breaking the country up?

I don’t mind people having different worldveiws and disagreeing with me. That is their right to do as and it doesn’t bother me in the least as long as we share the same reality.

What I see over the whole cancel culture thing and wokeness is a moral panic where there are a handful of instances where the woke left did harm and that has been amplified much much beyond the power that they actually have.

Macron is shuffling off the precarious center because the French right has never been persuaded that having an empire means not having a nation.

1 Like

Ah, how sweet it is…

Clean up your language.

Where do you think the nest is? Are you surprised?

Repressive tolerance. Can’t beat dog poop in a debate.

You can if you get consensus.

There we go…

Indeed. And the other side wants a different culture to dominate the others.

Well said.

Yes…

How so?

Ridiculous.

:rofl: of course they are.

1 Like

The best of the best…Harvard Law.

College is the toolbox and none of them bothered to open it.

1 Like

That’s conformity. All over then.

Have you noticed that ‘real’ sciences don’t put ‘science’ or ‘studies’ in their names?

Your two plus chemistry, medicine, etc.

Then you have “gender studies” and “women’s studies” things like that.

Funny huh?

2 Likes

Irreconcilable differences.

Yes.

A handful of instances.

Where else would it come from?