You know your woke when the French call you out

Bruh Pol Pot received his radical education in a French university. This isn’t new. Why is it an issue now?

No they aren’t.

They are free thinking and understanding of others ideas.

They are not ideological sparring rings.

Yes, there are camp. If a university is in complete harmony and acceptance of everything ,even if it’s absolute dog ■■■■■ I will not be attending.

So? Were not being warned from pol pot if we were I would be laughing. Kim Jung Un studied in Switzerland awhile using that logic the Swiss are communist dictators.

You cannot exchange ideas if you silence others.

That is how and when you lose.

The point is that there are malcontents on every campus…

Oh wow, there’s opposition to conservative grifters being paid to dunk on 18 year olds. I really don’t care.

That certainly is your prerogative.

There is more balance out here than I see in these thread responses.

The French are hardily the only ones criticizing Multiculturalism in Europe.

Angela Merkel leader of Germany and basically the EU

2010 “And of course, the approach [to build] a multicultural [society] and to live side-by-side and to enjoy each other… has failed, utterly failed.” - Merkel

2015 . “Multiculturalism leads to parallel societies, and therefore multiculturalism remains a grand delusion.” - Merkel

David Cameron PM Britain 2011

“Multiculturalism has failed the doctrine of state multiculturalism" had encouraged segregation and failed to supply “a vision of society” to which people want to belong. - Cameron

nicolas sarkozy President of France 2011

Multiculturalism
“It’s a failure,” Sarkozy

The list goes on and on in Europe. My question would be to my friends on the left who thinks it’s a good thing. If it was declared and utter failure by European leaders from 2011-2015 why would it be a success now after importing millions? Or could it possibly be a failure aka Brexit. Is it worth seeing it drive the EU into the ground or worse some far right despot gets elected out of desperation. History has a way of repeating itself is it worth it?

As for post colonial guilt when does it end? Are they a date or is it only to the point of societal negation and identity? That’s were it feels like we’re heading being lead by people with overwhelming almost mentally psychotic guilt.

We all don’t want to live our lives like this, I would like to think most of us want to say sorry and move on instead of this perpetual morose guilt ridden existence for something you or I had nothing to do with.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think the weird picture really sums up multiculturalism. It’s mostly people being mad about pressing 1 for English. Or people wearing funny clothes.

1 Like

Legend in ones mind.

Europe is already multicultural.

They just want one culture to dominate the others.

As stated before… the French want to consider everyone French especially those who are better at being French.

1 Like

If Belgium decides to not publicly celebrate Leopold II anymore… is that being woke?

1 Like

It came to fast less than 9% of Europe wants and increase in migration they are not getting the largely catholic hispanic populations we get that do a fairy good job of integrating.

Parallel societies living among themselves in a society throughout history without a shared bond doesn’t have a good track record, especially in Europe they don’t even try this outside of the west.

The thing my side wants to do is to integrate the people within nothing based on skin color but national identity as an American and it seems the other side is running as fast as they can the other way. Has anyone stopped to think what is the goal? What is it going to be replaced with? Will it be for the good? Or will it lead to something much worse than was once considered the greatest country in the world.

My family left West Germany in the 70’s to move here I was born here they taught me German but said from the beginning we are Americans and we do as Americans, all of a sudden that has become a pejorative.

You don’t need new migration into Europe for multiculturalism.

Europe is already multicultural.

They just want their native cultures and not recognize that fact.

Also… Define “American”

1 Like

Western Europe is living parallel societies not central and Eastern Europe their leaders look at Western Europe and say openly we don’t want to be like that.

What is American? What it was is easier to give and accurate description.

I would start with the greatest part freedom of speech which on a daily basis new forms of resistance comes to stifle that. Cancel culture is the antithesis of free speech which is what the French in the article I posted are warning about and are saying is a danger to their society.

The group think, squashing and squelching ideas, a society were one has to walk on their tippy toes in order not to offend or even worse lose their jobs for wrong think because of the cancel mob which people can see for themselves happens on a daily basis. Not to mention any and every issue that doesn’t fit with the lefts narrative automatically one is called racist.

Does the left really want a plastic society were everyone are like robots living like Orwell’s 1984. The only reason I can talk like this now is because I am anonymous. Ten years ago nothing I am saying would be considered radical today it would get me fired. That’s not what the framers had in mind.

What is America now? A mess a society completely tore a part by two entities living together like a married couple who can’t stand each other but stay together because of the children.

2 Likes

No disagreement allowed now. Or maybe you are behind in your reading.

1 Like

Of course it is allowed. It gets downright nasty, from the student body up to the professors and doctors. Research is ruthless and anyone would love to sink your work with a torpedo for their own benefit.

Btw I like you Jezcoe and I don’t think anyone on this forum is a part of the cancel culture but it’s not hard to see that outside this forum there are fewer and fewer places we could openly be exchanging and debating ideas like we are now and that to me and I think maybe you is a travesty.

No, you won’t see too much of the “woke” behavior in the Engineering or Science departments. Those fields are concrete/linear and not open to any kind of emotional interpretations. About the only woke stuff you might encounter in those fields are professors that claim the ancient Egyptians built flying saucers or some such nonsense.
Back in 1991 I was unfortunate enough to have registered late for classes, and the only elective available to give me a full-time load for that semester was “Women’s Studies”, and it was non-stop man-bashing. The class mostly had a lot of jaded 30 and 40-something women who had been divorced, including the professor.
Along with myself, there was one other male in the class and for the first week or two most of what we said was met with derision or some kind of histrionics. It was ridiculous. We finally figured out that we could act as if we were on their side and they slowly started to like us. We both actually made A’s.