Yellow flag flies...New NFL penalty being discussed by owners

We’re looking at it from different angles - I understand that as a business the NFL’s first instinct is to protect it’s bottom line, and wouldn’t expect them to put any other consideration before that.

What I don’t understand is why enforced participation in the anthem is considered a good thing by those who are offended by kneelers.

I’d enjoy seeing the data and analysis behind your claim. I hope it takes into account lost revenues from fielding an inferior team and similar factors.

Well if it doesn’t bother you and most of the people you know that is rock solid proof it doesn’t bother any of their customers.

“Personal foul, number 35 on the home team, for insufficient display of national fervor during the anthem. 15 yard penalty will be assigned to the ensuing kickoff.”

And here comes the challenge flag!

3 Likes

i see it now on zantax’s team

a couple of their top players kneel.
zantax cuts them and they go and sign with another team
that team has a great season
zantax’s team becomes the cleveland browns …

He won’t produce any evidence. He doesn’t believe anyone would believe it…that’s it. It’s not that he can’t produce it.

Keep burning those strawmen

it is amazing how people are more upset about this than Klan rallies

1 Like

No one said it didn’t bother some of their customers.

What was challenged was your assertion that it cost owners more to keep players who knelt than to let them go.

An assertion for which you have provided zero evidence.

anybody who opposes the first amendment is anti-american.

Allan

Just typing out verbiage in what it could sound like shows how silly this entire thing is. I can’t even imagine officials tossing a flag on this and actually having to state why.

I see no need to provide evidence of my opinion.

Maybe you should read it. Nothing in it about forbidding the NFL from firing people for their speech.

That’s fine.

However, you are misstating your opponents’ arguments in an attempt to use it as support for your own, and I’m calling you out for that.

1 Like

Heavy fines are a better solution. Say 50,000 dollars per kneel down.

The 1st amendment gives you the right to free speech but not the right to no consequences.

lololol again the same people complaining about the anthem are the same ones in the beer line

1 Like

How would you know such a thing? Non drinker here for example. I’m one of the guys you would see with his hand over his heart during the anthem.

lolol yeah right … there are people like you all over the internet with your fake patriotism complaining about this while you are standing in the line to use the bathroom before the game starts… stop it

I would say stop with the false accusations.

Let them kneel, it will be great for firing up Trumps base for the election.