Yellow flag flies...New NFL penalty being discussed by owners

Not what I said.

Nope, itā€™s not, but since you have no desire to actually back up your statement with evidence, I am going to presume you got nothing. I mean, even just a shred of evidence that itā€™s costing teams more money to keep them then cut them would be nice, but you donā€™t and canā€™t. You have none.

1 Like

Public or private, what difference does it make in this instance? When you enforce compliance participation becomes a mindless, meaningless gesture. Do you want genuine patriotism or is a sham sufficient?

Sadly I feel like Iā€™m watching yet another step toward obscurity by the league. With non-stop off-field issues with a significant number of players, the looming post-career health issues, and now just ridiculous procedural proposals like this the game is just turning silly. I used to watch football religiously. Now itā€™s getting to the point where itā€™s just getting harder and harder to be a fan.

While I disagree, I understand on a lot of level where people come from on this.
I mean, they canā€™t even decide what a catch is. Itā€™s one of t he most fundamental parts of t he game and they donā€™t know what it is.

Actuallyā€¦itā€™s a business decision because theyā€™ve lost a portion of their audience by handling the situation the way they did last year.

All depends on how the contract is written.

Iā€™ve seen one where the at will employee/fired for any reason was written into the contract. Contract mearly specified what the duties of the employee would be, and what they would get paid.

well of course the terms of the contract.

Contracted employees are not ā€œat willā€ employees.

That was the point i was making.

Allan

Again, that I know you will not accept evidence is not proof of absence of evidence. If I say they have been losing viewers you will of course claim it is due to other factors.

They have lost viewers and according to polling part of the reason is due to the national anthem thing. There is evidence of that. Seems reasonable even that some people are that silly, but whatever.

You donā€™t know I wonā€™t accept evidence. Instead Iā€™m going to assume you donā€™t have the evidence, because honestly there is no way for you to have it.

I donā€™t care one way or the other, I just recognize their right to not have their employeeā€™s cost them business. Itā€™s like asking if I want real or forced politeness from a McDonalds cashier. What the employee really feels is beside the point that being rude to customers would cost McDonalds customers. And yeah, I would rather they be forced to be polite whether they feel like it or not because I donā€™t like giving my money to rude people.

Its not rude to protest.

Allan

Donā€™t recall saying it was. Do you need me to explain what an analogy is?

NFL players arent being rude to its customers by protesting.

Bad analogy.

Alan

Eventually, assessing the penalty of ā€œkneelingā€ will become as complicated as determining what is and isnā€™t a ā€œcatch,ā€ the ā€œtuck rule,ā€ etc. Games will be delayed, as referees watch instant replay of players on the sideline were kneeling, or merely crouching or squatting.

i love how people are butt hurt over this ā€¦ oh those are the same people taking a bathroom break, getting something to eat or talking on their phones when the anthem is being played

This is rubbish. Just a bunch of nationalistic BS based off a false narrative that these players are disrespecting the anthem and the flag in a country that has a LONG ASS HISTORY of disrespecting and minimizing the humanity of a people who look like those players. This is why America is not going to ever, ever solve itā€™s racial inequality issues. We never, ever try to address the root because weā€™re to damn cowardly to admit that a problem actually exist.

I am pretty sure you can find any number of Americans and vets who disagree.

most of the vets i know including myself dont give two damns about people kneelingā€¦ but hey keep spreading that false narrative

1 Like

Thatā€™s part of what makes this so maddening. Also, I feel like this ā€œcontroversyā€ had died down until You Know Who figured he could wring some political benefit from it by stroking his base.

Iā€™ve tried to think of a (roughly approximate) shoe-on-the-other-foot scenario. Like, for example, if to protest the ongoing holocaust of babies under our too-lenient abortion laws, some NFL players knelt on the sidelines during the anthem, or whatever. And then Iā€™m trying to imagine getting worked up over that. And itā€™s awfully hard to do so.