Yay! U.S. women's soccer team loses to Sweden!

Even if it is fat shaming (it’s not), this isn’t a self funded PSA from Rapinoe, it’s a commercial from Subway. Your beef such as it is, is with them.

1 Like

Hey she kneeled for a country she represented and that’s ok? She could have said no! I’m not doing a fat shaming commercial! She did! And people dislike her for it. She represents subway as much as she does the US

1 Like

I talked to 82 people who said the commercial isn’t fat shamming. Even the ticket checker at the movie theatre agreed with me.

1 Like

Subway just sucks period.

How its still around amazes me

Panera too. They both suffer from ■■■■■■ sandwiches that are all bread and no meat/cheese. I’d eat at literally any other sandwich place… thankfully I have a Jersey Mike’s nearby. They actually load up their sandwiches… not two slices of turkey, half a slice of cheese, and bread a mile thick.

Ditto on Panera, I remember it had so much hype, terrible food…now I barely remeber they are still around.

Jersey Mikes is solid, but I dont do Mikes way it gets too sloppy

Matt Walsh, Is that you?

My question is if Megan Rapinoe and fellow players were taking a knee for a cause like school choice or freedom of religion in business, would Mr. Walsh & other conservative thinkers be offering the same criticism?

Or would they be talking about how heroic they are? It seems only fair if an action like taking a knee during the National Anthem isn’t acceptable for one side, it shouldn’t be for the other.

1 Like

I actually like the Buffalo Chicken sub with nacho cheese Doritos or oatmeal cookies on the side :yum:

As for Panera, the few times per year I go, it’s just for the soup. They’re overrated, IMO, and overpriced.

Hell, a Steeler’s player who served in the Army was attacked for coming out and standing up and placing his hand over his heart for the national anthem. By the same people applauding Kaepernick.

1 Like

Most players in most sports stand for the anthem and no one attacks them for it.

Stopped applauding Kaepernik when he wore pig socks & praised Castro.

By the same token, if those wishing to take a knee are bothering those who wish to respect the flag, they deserve no support.

Would conservative thinkers like Matt Walsh be fussing about women’s soccer if the players took a knee for a cause he approved? In that instance, would he just want them to show patriotism and play the game?

Somehow I don’t think so, but instead would be applauding them as courageous & principled. Really, it’s only fair that if those who espouse leftist causes are expected to keep them off the field, so should those espousing more conservative causes.

1 Like

Yes, it is okay that she kneeled for her country.

And that commercial is fat shaming only if you are a snowflake. Are you a snowflake? :snowflake:

they didn’t take a knee during the Anthem.
Megan isn’t even the captain of the team.

sports has always been political.
and standing for a song isn’t patriotism, if your view of patriotism is empty jester towards a flag your not a patriot your a moron.

Why the hell is the anthem even played at sporting events?

Because the pentagon pays good money for their patriotic recruitment ad.

Are you an ■■■■■■■ who thinks fat shaming is ok? You’d be cool with me walking up to your wife and telling her to skip a burger for a salad? I bet not!

If you hate your country so much then play for another one!

Why the hell do you care it’s played?

Seems kinda unnecessary to me.