WSJ: Emails Show Roger Stone Seeking Clinton Emails from Wikileaks

Meh.

This will be dismissed as opposition research.

Yes. Lock him up. He lied and was then immediately shown a specific instance where he did lie. He couldn’t deny it. He was caught, not “fessed up”.
It is consistent with his past where he lied to Congress about keeping data on millions of Americans. He believes he has a right to lie because of his position.
But further, helping CNN release that dossier proves he was using his position in the intelligence service for political purposes. What else did he do?
I can’t believe you people believe using the intelligence services for domestic political purposes is somehow not a big deal.

That’s simply not true. If you had read the transcript, you would have realized that.

But you’ve only read the snippet of the transcript that the Republicans wanted to show you.

Direct me to the full transcript, please.

MR. ROONEY: Did you personally discuss the dossier or any of the other intelligence related to Russian hacking? You already said that you didn’t leak it to the journalists, so I assume that’s a no, correct?
MR. CLAPPER: I’m sorry?
MR. ROONEY: Did you discuss the dossier or any other intelligence related to Russia hacking of the 2016 election with journalists?
MR. CLAPPER: No.
MR. ROONEY: Did you confirm or corroborate the contents of the dossier with CNN journalist Jake Tapper?
MR. CLAPPER: Well, by the time of that, they already knew about it. By the time it was – it was after – I don’t know exactly the sequence there, but it was pretty close to when we briefed it and when it was out all over the place. The media had it by the way. We were kind of behind the power curve, because the media, many media outlets that I understood had that, had the dossier for some time, as did people on the Hill.
MR. ROONEY: Do you have any idea how they had it, how they got it? MR. CLAPPER: The media?
MR. ROONEY: Yes.
MR. CLAPPER: 1 do not.

Thanks for proving my point. When he was specifically asked about an instance with Tapper, he knew they knew about it. What I said was exactly true. He lied and got caught.

And the political purpose of his helping CNN is obvious. That was abuse of power.

They’re doing that for a specific reason. To get out in front of the investigation.

Have you noticed that all the big players on Trump’s team (in congress) keep saying that the investigation needs to continue.

That, right there, should worry the heck out of a lot of people.

Please provide any evidence that when they asked about Tapper that he knew they knew.

Thanks.

There are thousands of journalists out there. They didn’t ask about thousands of journalists, they asked about one. You don’t think there was a reason for that?
Now, if someone is asked if the ever ran a red light they might tend to lie and say “no”. If they are then asked if they ran a red light at Central and West street last Tuesday, they might want to rethink that lie.

And the fact is he did lie. You are just trying to think up excuses for it.

That was actually mildly funny. Congratulations.

This is really simple. The reason they asked specifically about Tapper is that Tapper is the one that broke the story. Everyone knows that.

So if you could provide evidence that Clapper knew they knew he talked to Tapper.

Well, in any case he did lie. That is hardly disputable. When asked about a specific instance he decided he had better not continue with the lie. He was probably right. You are just trying to make excuses for that lie when there are none. whether they actually knew for sure whether it was Clapper is irrelevant to whether he lied.
Of course they didn’t actually tell me what they knew for a fact.

Sure I can dispute it. Watch me. He misunderstood the question. He thought they were asking if he leaked the dossier to anyone which he didn’t.

When the question was restated, a second time, he said he said he talked to Tapper but he didn’t leak the dossier since everyone already had it.

1 Like

He made a mistake. Sorry, he used that one up in 2013.

The jails would be empty if it were that easy.

I wonder if we can still get the Emails?

You know what isn’t easy? Proving beyond a reasonable doubt that he knowingly lied and intended to deceive.

Now, please provide proof that Clapper knew they knew he had talked to Tapper.

No. That is irrelevant to whether he lied. He lied.

A lie requires that he intended to deceive. It’s pretty hard to prove he intended to deceive when his “lie” lasted all of 15 seconds.

That would be true if it came to light because after “no” he immediately said…but oh wait, now I remember one incident with Tapper…
That’s not what happened. You showed me that. He was confronted with one specific instance and figured he’d better not continue the lie.
There is no 15 second rule.