Would You Hire an Applicant from a Woke School?

There was a time…but they have just gone too far. They are not sane.

I worked for myself for decades, but last year I worked at a lib university a few months. They required a covid shot for most employees and all students, and masks, but I told them no way on the shot before they hired me but i would wear the mask inside. (I worked outside mostly.) They agreed, they needed me (my skills). I have to say they treated me well. I didn’t talk politics unless asked, which was rare.

It was like working in the twilight zone, a bunch of young people who would easily get through covid like a mild cold, many double masked and scared half silly. I’m old so it was bad for me, I did get it twice, nearly didn’t make it both times…but I just wasn’t going to live in fear.

The day they decided no masks rule, about half continued masking. Eventually almost nobody did. It truly was though an indoctrination center.

All in all, it was a good experience, but I’m not unkind to anyone, and don’t push myself or impose myself. (Yup, I argue good here, but notice I try not to make it personal, and never curse others).

I still won’t hire them, I just think they would cause a lot of trouble rather than make the company do well and serve my customers. Today’s version of democrats are just so over the top and illogical, entitled, and easily offended. Nope, won’t put myself through it.

1 Like

Like a screen door on a submarine is tool.

The only one you mentioned.

Got to keep the mosquitoes out somehow…

When I was in college there was a distinction between the Liberal Arts and Engineering, Science, Math, Industrial Arts, and Business. So I am very wary about what the OP is saying here. Is there a list of “woke” schools?

Not anymore.

Too long a list, better off looking for the much shorter list of non woke schools.

1 Like

marcuse universities

No. There should be. I can tell in a few minutes if an applicant is woke or not, and I know many of the schools that aren’t woke. Most of the rest are.

1 Like

How can you tell?

Neil Gorsuch went to Harvard.

I get the feeling a few of our fellow posters seem to think anyone who is what they consider “woke” will walk into an interview wearing a BLM t-shirt, half shaved head and having LGTBQIA+ tattoed on their knuckles and demand what pronouns they interviewer has to call them by.

For about 8 years I managed a team of about 30 people and during that time I got to know them pretty well, it was obvious my teams political ideology ran the gamut and yet everyone worked well together and we were successful.

Only time the team melted down was not long after the pandemic started and we were all working from home. I got a phone call telling me to jump into the team chat. It was very ugly, I immediately got the team into a meeting. Never had any more issues and the team continued to work together.

The fact is the vast majority of people can put their personal opinions and beliefs to one side when it comes to work.

:+1: :+1:

1 Like

Aye, and discount everything else I said. :+1::+1:

1 Like

32 years ago.

Not sure what that has to do with my comment. However I am sure a lot of people read that headline and think that was all he wrote to get accepted.

It appears that being a wokie with the pronoun bull ■■■■ will get your arse the sack.

Good, ■■■■ ‘em fire all of them. Just make sure you have legal grounds.

The point was that the woke, if they really are proper Woke, will likely do something to let you know. They will virtue signal after some fashion.

1 Like

Look like they were fired for refusing to comply with the schools policy of nothing additional in their email signature. From what the school says this is a policy applied to everyone. If that is the case then no issue with the employer doing this.

My employer has the same policy but lets individuals decide if they want to include their pronouns. A few years ago before the policy was implemented email signatures got out of hand, inspirational quotes, bible quotes, pictures of family were all being added.