Would You Hire an Applicant from a Woke School?

Then they are idiots, the same could be said who take the opposite view and want everyone to know how woke they are not. They are those who revel in that as well. Two sides of the same coin and i would want neither anywhere near me or my team.

And yet the dumbasses insisted on furthering their ideology through an e-mail signature?
Brilliant. They worked at a Christian University fer Godā€™s sake!

Right they did. There are idiotic employees like this who get fired all the time for wanting to flaunt employers rules and policies.

Its not unique to those who want to use pronouns or show support for left wing causes. More an example of immaturity or someone that feels entitled.

When I worked in the office I saw so many examples of literature and symbology on cube walls that crossed the gamut of all topics which were inappropriate and would always think to myself that will not last long and I was right.

I leave my politics and personal beliefs at home as should everyone.

Makes me want to puke. Another reason to not hire from such schools.

1 Like

These schools have been at the forefront of leftism for quite some time.

You do realize that was one answer to a multitude of long and short question types.

The question he was replying to was what matters to you most and why. I suspect they had not seen an answer like that before which is why it stood out. Personally I think its quite creative and was a heck of a risk.

Aiding by hiring?

These days, Iā€™m thinking the ā€œilliberalsā€ are onto something.

But a stupid response nonetheless. Passion is nice and all, but it should have been an essay instead of print(" ".join(["Black lives matter."] * 200)).

1 Like

Itā€™s not creative, itā€™s lazy and only appeals to activist academia. Not at all surprising coming from Stanford these days, but reading that article itā€™s very clear that he only cares about Democratic Party causes and wonā€™t actually contribute anything productive to society. He would have been accepted had he left the question blank.

3 Likes

I wonder if he would have got the same results had he written #JesusIsLord a hundred times?

Aside: if he was going for software engineering thoughā€¦

Edit: programming ā€¦ that code is way too concise for software engineeringā€¦

Whether it was creative or not is in the eye of the beholder.

Of course I did. Itā€™s based on your ā€œfeelingsā€. Thatā€™s why I stopped after the first 4 words.

This is the idiotic word parsing that this forum is famous for. You know exactly what i meant.

I dont believe for one minute that you did not read the entire post.

Back in the early 1980ā€™s the corporation that I worked for thought it would be a good idea to hire a bunch of kids who just graduated from Ivy League schools for marketing and sales positions (high-tech equipment).
We quickly learned the what and why the term ā€œYuppieā€ came to be. These kids thought that just by showing up they were entitled to a high salary, unlimited expense account and at least a BMW for a company car. And almost all of them were conservative Republicans. And it didnā€™t take long for them to realize that the most successful folks were the middle-age folks who worked their butts off and didnā€™t expect the corporation to give them anything. Those who made the choice to work as a team survived and were successful. And by the end of the decade the ā€œYuppieā€ was no more. I think this whole ā€œwokeā€ thing is pretty silly.

1 Like

If he had said ā€œIt seems to meā€¦ā€,it would have meant the same thing you wouldnā€™t have pounced on it.

1 Like

Indeed they have. When did they sell their souls?

Aid by spreading the virus.

Probably would have thrown him out on his ear for that.

Do you ā€œfeelā€ that?

PS: Still havenā€™t.

The horror