Would You Hire an Applicant from a Woke School?

There’s no way of knowing whether they would hold to the promise to do so or not.

I wouldn’t take the chance. If you don’t hire them to start with you don’t bring the cancer into your workplace.

1 Like

Company policy is 90 days. We can basically fire them for any reason we want as long as we do it the first 90 days.

They start getting in the way of the mission then they’ll get canned. Those types of people tend to weed themselves out fast.

1 Like

MAYBE people who agree with OP are going to stop voting for or supporting the likes of Cruz, Hawley, Stefanik, Vance (just to name a few), or maybe they’re just anti-woke argle bargling. Which do you think it is?

I would reply to this thread, but since “No” does not have 5 letters I can’t

They’ll vote for the correct letter. Like you.

1 Like

Cruz graduated from Hahvad in 1995.

Hawley is deeper - 2006, but it’s Yale.

They’re ok. Cruz has other issues.

Cute. It was your standard, and it’s already changing.

So it’s anti-woke argle bargle, as I stated. Just checking.

1 Like

Naw, it’s not changing. It’s nuancy. I won’t vote for Cruz.

Like a job interview. I agree with TheRedComet though. If they can do the job they are hired to do without bringing the drama to work I don’t care what a person’s politics are or what gender they identify as.

1 Like

How do you determine they won’t bring it to work?

I’m also in the “don’t bring it to work” camp. A person can compartmentalize professional and personal life.

Your question is very valid. I tend to assume the best up front. Trust the person to honor the request to leave the drama at the door.

If that fails, though, then deal with it when it happens. Maybe a sit-down to remind the person of the stipulation is all that’s needed. “You crossed the line, and if you didn’t know where the line was before, you know it now. Compartmentalize. Fair warning. Now let’s get back to work.” Repeated violations indicate that it’s time to let the person go.

4 Likes

For the record, this cuts both ways.

I have worked at very conservative operations, and very woke ones. I could be much more myself at the conservative ones. I also could compartmentalize and behave myself (according to their standards) at the woke ones.

And to that point, I’m thankful that the woke ones did not summarily de-select my application because of my education and background. they took me on because I had the capabilities they needed.

1 Like

A person can stand on their head for 90 days and pretend to not be a problem. We used to have a 1 year probationary period.

When you do cut them loose you may face a lawsuit from the wokie.

Best to avoid them altogether imo. Emphasis on opinion.

2 Likes

Exactly!!!

I have ALWAYS kept my politics seperate from the workplace. Well, let me clarify, all but one. There was a group of us that would discuss politics over lunch, BUT, once we were done, we were done, it didn’t follow us back to our work space.

3 Likes

Job interviews are useless.

2 Likes

In my line of work, voting blue votes against this interest of the company.

I am not in a position that hires or fires, but I hope they donkt hire too many people that vote against my money making interests.

2 Likes

The interview must be structured to uncover the behaviors you desire and want to avoid. I always watched how applicants treated those they thought were beneath them and those they thought were important. Nothing speaks volumes about a person like how differently they treat “just the janitor” or “just the secretary” as opposed to who they think is in charge. Whether it was a cashier position or a teller at a bank, I would always make a comment about looking for experience because I wanted to hear if the person got indignant and acted like it was a non-issue for such an easy job, or if they were willing to prove that they could do the job and earn the right to make more.

Of course, there is a chance that someone gets in, and that is what the 90-day period is for. Everything gets documented, no matter how small. Sure you may work in an at-will state, but you had better cover your butt so if accused of discrimination you can prove the person was rightfully terminated.

3 Likes

They are only one tool in the hiring process.

Nice to see this discussion has taken a more sensible turn.