Would You Hire an Applicant from a Woke School?

Actually, your article supports the dictionary definition.

Read the entire article. Dont cherry pick.

Why, you didnā€™t.

I didnā€™t cherry pick anything.

Depends. Are they good at the job I need them to do? And can they separate their political ideology from their career.

If they can do both then I would certainly hire them. If they cannot fulfill both of those requirements, then no they would not get hired.

I would never demand anyone share my political ideology just to get hired by me. But I would expect political neutrality. Work is for work. We have a job to do. Anything that compromises the mission at hand must cease immediately. Leave that ā– ā– ā– ā–  at the door before you clock in.

If one can do that, then we will get along just fine.

4 Likes

In a nutshell, empathy is presence, Hess said. ā€œIt is being in the present moment with another human being feeling into their experience.ā€

It originally described the vicarious response people have when viewing art, when feeling into someone elseā€™s self-expression, Hess said. ā€œThat term over time was adapted to capture the ability that we have as human beings to feel into the emotional state of another person.ā€

What a garbage article

An empathetic person might try actually talking to the person and making an effort to understand how they feel, rather than assuming certain attributes without actual knowledge.

You need me to repeat it?

Anyone can empathize, what you ca

I will say that certain jobs attract certain kinds of people. For example, off shore work tends to attract conservative minded individuals. Social work (what my girlfriend does for a living; she works for child protective services) tends to attract more left minded people. Which fits her perfectly since sheā€™s pretty left leaning on many matters.

Same goes for auto parts retail (at least in my neck of the woods). Iā€™ve worked alongside a few super libs a handful of times, but thatā€™s not the kind of job someone of that political persuasion is usually looking for.

For the several years I was a store manager, the majority of people who interviewed were either rednecks or hood rats. I very rarely got politically minded people in the first place and the few times I did, they were usually right leaning.

Some a yā€™all fell asleep during Woke class and it shows.

1 Like

No one can. Itā€™s pity.

You can empathize with Trump?

The extent of my woke class consist of the company I work for beating into our heads that we ā€œshouldnā€™t make lewd comments to women.ā€

Every year I have to watch the same seminar. Treat everyone with respect, donā€™t be offensive, etc.

Iā€™m a respectful person in the first place. Why is the company wasting my time with common sense ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  That takes time away from me making them money by selling overpriced engines to people.

Does it help if I rephrase my answer as ā€œmaybe not right now, but if I actually spent time talking to her, and seeking to understand, I might be able to get a good ideaā€?

What I wouldnā€™t do is make negative assumptions in a broad brush sort of way without specific knowledge.

Not you. These white critprogs who believe they can ā€œfeel intoā€ a black manā€™s condition.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s going to be a long list of R figures that those who agree with OP are going to stop ā€œhiringā€ by using their votes, yeah?

1 Like

No. You can talk to him for a thousand years and it will still be pity and virtue signaling.

Lol you really have no idea. But thats okay continue living in your ignorance.

Yes? I recognize the wordsā€¦

Of course I donā€™t, Iā€™m not a black man.

The difference is I know and admit I have no idea.