Would Jesus have supported Donald Trump?

Im pretty sure, he would say that we are to honor the laws that are on the books! Kind of goes to that argument about honoring the kings and rulers! You are advocating the breaking of Law, if you want the law to change, do something about it, Trump offered Amnesty for the wall, and Libs like yourself said no!

Who besides yourself said anything about “suspending” them?

I have nothing good to say about Trump the man, but policy wise he’s been very good for the Christians in this country and for religious freedom in general.

Again, it isn’t that hard to separate the man and his moral failings from his record in office on the issues.

1 Like

Sure. I’m totally ok with being judged with the same standards that I’m judging Trump.

I’m absolutely sure you aren’t qualified to speak for him.

Christ said we’re supposed to follow the laws of the land, too bad that little girl’s family didn’t.

Which means he would be fine with prayer not being allowed in schools

Yeshua wasn’t political.
Unfortunately, man has made Yeshua and the Christian political. Constantine did it, the Roman/catholic church has done it, Christians who used Christ to justify oppression,
Christians who used Christ to justify slavery, even today the a certain political party under the guise of evangelicalism have hijacked Yeshua and the faith and pretty much turn it into a means of gaining political power and wealth.
The life of Yeshua, His dealings with people, even Him giving the greatest sermon ever preached is the exact opposite of most of those who have used the faith as a weapon of politics.

To answer the question…No.
Not only would He not support 45, He would rebuke him.

2 Likes

Yes…

Promises made, promises kept.

Now go work on why the religion of the left killed 100 million people in less than 50 years,and still kills and starves people when ever it’s tried, but the left keep the faith anyway…

There wasn’t anything political mentioned in the OP.

Did you even read it or the thread title?

The whole point was that MS wanted to rant about Christians supporting Trump as president.

But the OPer focused on Trump’s behaviors, not his policies.

I guess everything is permissible then

“In office”. Can you just not read at all with those blinders on?

1 Like

Wrong as usual but at least you remain consistent.

So what?

What policy of Trump’s was being discussed?

Well, religious freedom for their own sect’s beliefs, at least.

“Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.”
“Thou shalt not steal.”
“Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor”
“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods”

Well said. Well said indeed.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but you are certainly making my case.

Jesus preached forgiveness. Dont cast the first stone. Who are you to say what isnt permissible.

based on the schooling I got this weekend…Romans 13. Trump is an earthly authority placed here by God. Therefore it would appear that Yes, Jesus, and God would both support Trump. Romans 13 says so. Who am I to argue with Scripture. He is here to clean up things, make things better and God has made it so.

It would appear that the beliefs rising in Support of Trump is that we are sheep who have lost our way and Trump is here to Shepard us back to the flock.

And because of this, those of us who are not in support of Trump, are not Christians as we are disavowing Scripture.

My life is full of Pastors, Ministers, Sunday School teachers, and even bosses who have a particular religious foundation in their lives, who have bent Scripture to fit their lives, their beliefs, their sins. One boss was actually having sex with a co-worker who was all of 21 or 22 because as he put it to me. He was teaching her to trust in God. Seriously…he thought this was OK because he told her that God was responsible for all things, and God wanted that to happen. So forgive me, if I don’t always look at a singular scripture and place the kind of faith in it that others do. It is too easy to take a singular scripture and make it fit what you want it to fit. My current Pastor tells me that we need to take the body of the word and look at it in its entirety to know what God truly wants from us.

I don’t know what is right or wrong anymore. I will follow what I believe. I believe that Trump supporters believe what I said in my first paragraph. That’s on them. There can be no right or wrong in this argument, we are all going to believe what we believe.

So go ahead…Tell me that I am wrong…tell me that I am not a Christian. I know what I know, and I don’t care what some faceless name on the Hannity Forum tells me.