Would Jesus have supported Donald Trump?

And 'Bama was sent to punish us.

Right…it can’t be both ways. So by that token, Trump sent here by God. Was OBAMA also sent here by God. I don’t remember it being read this way for the 8 years prior to Trump. But who am I to say?

I seem to remember hearing that a few times.

That he was sent here to punish us?

Yup. Looking at the strife and division he caused, and the rioting and death that happened during his term, I can see the point.

Because 'bama sucks.

Actually you have the right to freedom of assembly and to pray, you just cant force others to join in.

Every ruler was sent by God, even King Herod, including Hitler. God originally wanted us to have judges like Samson, he only gave us kings and rulers because of the hardness of our heart, he still also gave us the ability to choose who would be king or ruler.

Thou shalt not lie?

What commandment is that?

Thou shalt not be uncaring?

Ah… I almost forgot. Libs have no clue what is written in that old book.

Carry on.

Jesus also preached to obey your countries leaders and their rules, and to only protest if it conflicts with the ability to worship God freely! Like with Daniel.

they take scripture out of context about loving your neighbor! Jesus was actually talking about the people who are currently around you that you know, like “Enemies, the homeless, etc!” He also said to honor the rules and laws set by the Rulers, and to be good citizens , and to follow all the laws as long as it doesn’t prohibit you from serving god freely. No such laws keep us from worshiping freely. We still have the right to freedom of assembly in work and school as long as we dont force others to join. Both the right and left pick and choose which laws are important, and both sides could be better citizens of this nation.

What is political about an unrepentant person who lies, cheats and swindles?

Bearing false witness is a form of lying.

If this were true, white conservatives would have a consistent view on morality and an elected official’s ability to fulfill their professional duties. This isn’t the case. They aren’t separating their morals from Trump. Trump is changing their views on morals.

These large shifts are dwarfed, however, by the change among white evangelicals. In 2011, only 30 percent believed that personal immorality was consistent with an ethical performance of official duties. Today, 72 percent of white evangelicals—up an astounding 42 points–believe that the two can go together.

In a related change, fewer white evangelicals now believe that strong religious beliefs are very important for presidential candidates—49 percent today, versus 64 percent just five years ago.

What Politician hasnt? Kind of a weak argument!

Why are we arguing about what is morally equal? Jesus would support no candidate, except the one who was elected, and then he would honor their rules as long as it doesn’t keep him from worshiping freely.

1 Like

Book of Trump, chapter and verse: Dotard 3:16

“For Trump so hated the world that he gave us his complete ■■■■■■■■ and anyone who believes in him shall not have a brain cell in their entire head but many worms instead”.

So you agree it isn’t political. Cool.

It’s a very specific lie.
Its not a lie, in general.
But the OP said he lies every day. What false testamony does he give against others every day.

Try again buddy.

I agree all politicians are corrupt, if thats what you want me to agree to, I am not electing them to be my spiritual adviser, there are specific things I want accomplished.

There are like 40,000 sects of Christianity. Having leftist who have ignore the death an destruction of their own philosophy lecture us on what we should believe is silly…

Hillary would have been horrible for Christians…