Would Jesus have supported Donald Trump?

The OP set the standard but if he had truly repented and asked forgiveness you bet Christ would see it differently.

Try reading the OP, perhaps you’ll find a clue.

Jesus says if you look at a woman lustily you have comitted adultry in your heart. Do you think this does not apply for murder as well?

I cannot prove it, but for an insight into a mans heart to see what he values most, take a look at what he surrounds himself with:

https://goo.gl/images/w8rdxz

Has nothing to do with the man and everything to do with policy towards religious freedom in this country. DEMs have a bad track record in that regard.

Key words in your reply are “but if”. Trump however contends that he doesn’t have anything to ask forgiveness for

No one is in the process of literally executing Trump. That passage has no relevance.

Oh. So white evangelicals are more forgiving of Trumps behavior because he supports religious freedom? So white evangelicals only care about someone’s morals when they don’t agree with their politics? got it.

Take a look at the Vatican or St. Paul’s Cathedral.

I know.

Would you prefer the “judge not lest you be judged” passage?

Unless you’re completely blinded by hate it is quite possible to separate the man’s moral failings from the policies and legislation he supports.

If not for sinners Christianity wouldn’t even exist.

1 Like

I’ve elected Trump to do a job and committing adultery is definitely not a part of that job. What’s happened in the past definitely casts a shadow of what may happen in the future but…until then…Trump gets a pass.

It’s absolutely relevant. I wasn’t about execution it was about hypocrisy.

Criteria set forth by the original poster. Ask him.

Jesus would not support the right or the left! He was apolitical! He would say honor the rules of the government unless they directly violate your right to worship God Freely, right now that is not a concern, except in schools and possibly work places.

I’m looking forward to the Lord’s press release today so we can see who is right.

Funny how evangelicals are able to “suspend” their opinions about politicians and morals when it’s “their guy” in power.

Why do you say “white evangelicals”?

Once again, conservatives are more friendly to religious freedom than liberals are. You only have to look at the persistent efforts by LIB organizations to get religion out of the schools and government. Evangelicals are supporting conservative candidates for that reason. Despite Trump’s flaws, he is a champion of religious freedom. That is what they are voting for.

I’m still flabbergasted by those forum members who want to make elections about morality and popularity rather than focusing on the issues.

Pretty sure he would have a problem with more than just that

Your candor is appreciated.