Would Jesus have supported Donald Trump?

Judge not lest ye be willing to be judged by the same standards you apply to others… .

It’s not stupid at all. It brings up a correlation between those with so-called Christian values and Trump supporters. Is supporting Trump and his propaganda a Christian value? I don’t think so. The fact that you can’t see it proves it. If you were a true Christian and he would be concerned about supporting Trump as a conflict with those values. Let’s see you reply to that.

Yes. If Trump is the elected official, Jesus would not have defied the will of the people. There’s a case in the Bible that correlates to your question. It came when a person asked Jesus if a tax was legal? Jesus asked for a coin that would be used to pay the tax and asked who’s picture was on it? The answer was Caesar. He then said to render to Caesar those things that are Caesar’s and to The Lord those things that are The Lord’s.

Now I have to ask, are you a Christian or just sowing discord?

Jesus would look at adultery committed while in office differently than the multiple instances of adultery before being elected?

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

Key word: “When they repented.”

Trump has never repented of anything, and has explicitly said he doesn’t need forgiveness.

Jesus harshest words were for the Hypocrites and the Pharisees. Trump and the Republican party are the grandest examples of both in America. Jesus would not vote for a Democrat, but he sure as Hell would be flipping some tables at the RNC.

Can always make it personal, right Rosie? I don’t try to justify my posts as a Christian value. Like some people do.

I don’t see that that would make any difference. But I went to parochial schools a child.

Buddha supports Trump.

If Jesus is anything like modern day, white evangelicals, he’d definitely set aside his beliefs in the name of partisan politics.

Why do you think that? Adultery is adultery whether before or after being elected. Either way, you lied to the witnesses of your oath, your mate and The Lord.

If he asks for forgiveness he will be forgiven. I think that’s the way it goes. But trump doesn’t think he needs forgiveness and will never ask.

If Jesus were alive today he would likely be working with the poor in some third world country. He certainly wouldn’t give a crap about American politics.

In regards to your mini diatribe, it only serves to demonstrate how out of touch you are with Christian values you pretend to care so much about.

Called for is not actually doing.

Hee does know how to make it. I don’t know that he worships it. Can you prove this statement?

Sowing discord of course.

I ask so that I’d understand if the motivation for your question was out of agape or discord? Was it of The Light or the darkness?

I don’t but other posters sure seem to think there’s a difference otherwise they wouldn’t make the distinction “since being elected”

LOL- what difference does that make? I think you can also put a checkmark next to covets neighbor’s wife.

You should reread the original post. slowly. Perhaps out loud even.

Why did evangelicals castigate Bill Clinton but give Trump a pass?

1 Like