Would gropey joe biden Have "Won" the 2020 Election If Not For covid-19?

Look I get he energized his base by never backing down, trolling endlessly, acting tough, speaking the thoughts that aren’t supposed to be said by a normal politician. And I get that Republicans were tired of the boring pols like Dole, Bush, Romney, Ryan etc.

But he’s a dead end. He’s gonna chew up the rest of his years re-litigating 2020 in some insane crusade not to appear like a loser- his greatest fear. The dude is poison to the GOP but the Dems would happily see him run again because we know he will lose to just about anyone put up by the Dems. He’s hated that much.

1 Like

I voted Joe wins even with no covid.

But if trump handled covid better he would have won.

Listen…back then we still had integrity in our voting system which has been shattered in the 2020 election.

Anyway if you’re an Aussie you need to worry about your own country since the once “new frontier” nation is quickly turning into Nazi-ville under Covid19 tyranny and the previous gun grab! :roll_eyes:

This…will be the lasting legacy of Trump. Republicans are going to believe (or pretend to believe) that every major election loss is due to fraud, leading to not believing in democracy any more.

Or they could just look back and note that they have only won the popular vote for president once in the last 30 years.

Democracy is boring too I guess.

Nothing of the sort is happening in Australia. I am not sure why there is any doubt I am an Aussie. I am most assuredly an Aussie.

In what way has the USA voting system “been shattered in the 2020 election”?

So Trump was able to directly reach people by tweeting 100 times a day and being on TV everyday with his Covid Task Force, but he lost because some people said that Trump said to drink bleach. Lol.

And don’t forget that Biden spent all the campaign “hiding” in his basement.

I think he lost - and would have even without covid - for a couple reasons.

• He lost some conservatives. Some of course never supported him, but some did. Then he exploded the deficit without ever really trying to pay for it. His whole ‘pay off the debt’…the Debt mind you! in 8 years…was just so laughable, and then he added 7.8T tot eh deficit…Well, a chunk of conservatives left him over that.

• He lost some women. His treatment of the gold star family, john mccain, the sotrmy daniels stuff…maybe none of it was worse than what we knew during the campaign, but again, a small chunk of women who voted for him left him behind.

• Ditto on evangelicals.

• Moderates who viewed him as a better choice than what the viewed as a terrible candidate in HRC realized they were wrong.

A little bit from a few demographics matters alot when you are talking about winning the EC while losing the popular vote.

I would add the turnout of the 18-29 age group to your list.

he didn’t say to drink bleach, or inject it

2 Likes

He said disinfectant. Is that better than bleach?

no he didn’t. try again.

2 Likes

I don’t get why Trump supporters continue to think that he was more popular then he really was. The first indication was how much he lost the popular vote in 2016. Then his poll and job approval numbers for four years. And then his poll numbers all the way through the election. And what was really telling was that the Democrats racked up historic voter registration numbers in a whole bunch of states.

he lost the popular vote in 2016 by exactly the number of votes he lost california by. find me the republican who would have won california and maybe you got a point

Yup- it’s common sense that he did worse than a squeak out win over Hillary. The “Big Lie” is just sour grapes and a strategic desire to delegitimize Biden.

what does any of this have to do with the russia hoax? he won despite hillaries dirty politics and collussions.

1 Like

Trump lost Georgia In 2020. Deep Red Georgia. That alone tells you that the direction the GOP is going is wrong.

deep red georgia with its two blue senators? ga was and remains a slightly reddish purple.

Didn’t Reagan win there?

He indeed did win 2016. Hillary was a terrible candidate. See a dem can say that. Why is it challenging to point out Trumps many many flaws as a candidate in 2020?