Will you soon need federal permission to drive your car?

I’m not so sure many folks could ride horses.

Or what it will be.

This reply is an utter fail. What do you mean will be? Who told you that? I think you made it up. We would probably need at least 30 million charging stations for Thanksgiving alone. Where are you going to put them? Why are we assuming that we will have acres and acres of huge parking lots full of nothing but charging stations? Because this is exactly what we would need. And why cut back our gasoline supply BEFORE we prove we can do this? Think deeper man.

1 Like

Seems doubtful, but perhaps. Putting climate change aside, the plain old pollution caused by fossil fuels is friggin bad and we need to do much much better.

We would probably need at least 30 million charging stations for Thanksgiving alone. Where are you going to put them? Why are we assuming that we will have acres and acres of huge parking lots full of nothing but charging stations? Because this is exactly what we would need. And why cut back our gasoline supply BEFORE we prove we can do this?

I don’t care how many charging stations we will need, there won’t be a post gasoline world without sufficient capacity to deal with it. You are the one who needs to think deeper, beyond the paranoid delusions of getting rid of gasoline without a suitable replacement.

1 Like

Is it?

WE are not, I don’t even know where that ridiculousness comes from.

Yes…

That was just a pretty common refrain here for year on Earth Day or any other environmental type day.

I don’t think it is. I think it’s cleaner than it’s ever been.

Here? Was it? Ok, if you say so.

2060?

I thought we all going to be dead in 12 years…and that was nearly 2 years ago.

Little too late don’t you think?

That’s a lot of poop lol.

Drama Queen?

I’ve only gotten on one once.

They are beautiful animals but I’m never gonna be a rider. My sister and mom are both good at it. Me? Just never appealed to me.

I can’t get past my transportation having a mind of it’s own. It’s own fears, it’s own emotions. Same reason I don’t like the idea of a self driving car for myself, on a personal level.

Modern automobile emissions are orders of magnitude cleaner than they were just 20 years ago.

so long as you’re in russia or the ME. here… not so much

Then you agree that it’s idiotic to tinker with our energy supply before having another energy source to replace it with?

Cleaner than any time in the last couple centuries sure.

Look at all the canals in the picture below. They are loaded with fish but very few people eat them because it’s unhealthy due to road runoff. Oil and crap that cars and trucks leave on the roads and rain washes off into them. Are you going to tell me that’s not bad?