Will there be a state of the Union address?

I think it’s getting worse.

Exactly once it inadvertently afforded a moment of entertainment though.

President Clinton had been speaking for a while and you could see his eyes darting towards this pitcher of cold water that was sitting there, his throat was understandably dry and he’d already emptied one cup already.

At a long-applaud line he poured himself a cup and was drinking.

At that point the announcer came on in one of those golf announcer whispers that they use to pretend they’re right there and don’t want to spoil concentration and said: “President William Jefferson Clinton giving his State of the Union Speech, still unaware of the OJ verdict.”

I shouted “He cares?” at the TV.

The next day, if you recall, “serious journalists” were lamenting that we had to learn first from Geraldo. They’d really been chomping at the bit to leave the speech and give the news but acted like they felt they had to stay. Learned a lot about “serious journalists” at the time.

[quote=“bigtwnvin, post:42, topic:238569, full:true”]

Unity? :crazy_face:

Depends on what one calls “winning” eh? Trump was most likely 2 for 2 imo.

The shadow effort was real.

I am convinced it will backfire.

Biden is performing worse than I hoped and that is very good for 2022 and 2024.

Good for the gop. The country is going to be going thru some very hard times till then.

1 Like

[quote=“Supreme_War_Pig, post:28, topic:238569, full:true”]

It’s already been turned. Cases are falling faster than support for Biden’s agenda. States are dropping their mandates left and right. Well, maybe not left.

Hell, they’re afraid to leave him alone with a microphone now. Will that change anytime soon?

1 Like

Especially energy and fuel prices.

1 Like

As we ease out of the pandemic, I would expect fuel prices to rise. This will be exacerbated by the reduction in Permian rigs during the pandemic, which predated Biden.

I’d expect rigs to slowly be added as oil companies are worried about oil price stability. Those rigs will limit the amount of fuel cost increase as supply ramps up.

Slowly will be a problem.

America got a nice taste of energy independence and it was good.

[quote=“altair1013, post:68, topic:238569, full:true”]

As previously posted, he gave a perfectly adequate press conference today without this mysterious malady you seem to think he has

1 Like

Biden serves. We don’t serve him.

These are unprecedented times.

While he has cut jobs, opened the border and releasing COVID positive illegals into communities the headlines are “Biden wins Mario Carts”.

Are you SERIOUS?

1 Like

It won’t be the fault of Biden. Companies are not going to quickly add rigs as they are now cautious about the unconventionals. This is because as oil price rises, there is a real chance that Saudi and Moscow will increase production, which can then reduce oil price screwing over the companies that added too many rigs.

Don’t hold your breath. Although Fled Cruz seems to have lowered his chances considerably.

1 Like

maybe Nancy can rip it up

Wonder if they are handling that like Psaki does where the questions have to be pre-submitted.

Talk about gullible.

My response was in reply to this:

It was not about him not giving a speech right now. I don’t remember them giving one until they have been in office at least a year.

My comment was in regard to not giving a “speech” at all on using one of the alternate methods indicated in the above posts.

I just saw a clip where he was going to take live questions and the WH suddenly cut the feed. :rofl:

2 Likes

Then all’s fair right…for the way you guys treated us as well. Sounds like someone’s got some serious BDS.

White House cuts virtual event feed after Biden says he’s ‘happy to take questions’ from House Democrats | Fox News

2 Likes