Will there be a state of the Union address?

[quote=“hindsight, post:3, topic:238569, full:true”]

UNITY!
LOL
For the suckers maybe.

Y’all would have had a fit if Trump or any Republican president did that, yet here y’all are Bidensplainin’ why he doesn’t have to do it.

I’m waiting for the Bidensplainin’ on news pressers next. The whining is still fresh in everyone’s mind on that one.

1 Like

I just watched the president on TV taking reporters questions in the oval office. Multiple subjects. No script, no teleprompter. He answered each one clearly and accurately. So your continued talk about him being senile is starting to look pretty silly.

1 Like

I don’t think the presidents gives a state of union speech right after they take office. What’s there to report?

At least that is my memory of SOTU anyway.

1 Like

In the same scenario, Trump did not give state of the union in 2017, he gave a speech to a joint session of Congress (see previous posts for an explanation) on February 28th 2017

So at this time, the only thing that Biden has done is failed to follow Trump’s timeline, and he’s less than a week late.

Relax, the speech will come soon enough, and you can then move seamlessly into griping about it’s contents.

1 Like

First year yes. :wink:

Right? I have noticed that the poster pushes this shtick constantly, but nobody engages him on it cuz it is stupid, and demonstrably not true.

Richard Nixon was the last time a newly-elected president gave a formal in-person address to Congress in the year of their inauguration. That means neither Reagan, Bush Sr, GW nor Trump gave an in-person “SOTU” their inauguration year. (Neither did Clinton or Obama.)

I guess the parties haven’t trusted “the idiot they chose” for a long time.

1 Like

I didn’t have a fit when Trump broke tradition and didn’t appear at the inauguration.

Allan

1 Like

Trumps first SOTU speech was January 30, 2018.

375 days after inauguration.

Allan

That’s gives Biden plenty of time to beat trumps record.

Allan

1 Like

Trump**, Bush II, Bush I, and Reagan didn’t give SOTU speeches during the year they assumed office and no one said anything.
.WW

1 Like

Much ado about nothing, and a nice sneak preview of the next 8 years,

4 Likes

I think their inauguration speech is their SOTU speech. But you’re right none of them made a SOTU speech after being reelected. And none of em other then Nixen made SOTU speech after taking office.

SOTU is basically a recap of last year progress report. In Biden case he wasn’t there for that year.

1 Like

To me this isn’t a big deal…hell it’s not even showing up on my radar.

Their are plenty of other things to worry about.

There has been a good number of BDS threads lately…I like it…change of pace is refreshing

Will there be a state of the Union address? Yup there will be and it will be by Biden

The Constitution only requires a report be submitted.

Frankly, the world would be better off with even just one less speech a year.

I hate the SOTU in particular

A retrospect of the past 5.

More like past 50, to be honest.

1 Like