Will there be a state of the Union address?

Do the democrats trust the idiot they chose with a microphone for an hour of uninterrupted babble? Or will they take a pass and continue keep their goofball under tight control?

I’m betting no State of the Union. They can’t risk it.

Don’t think he can even read that long any more.

And yet he still won the election.

1 Like

New material please.

I’m looking forward to him bragging about putting America Last right before libs rush to defend it.

I believe President’s don’t give a state of the Union their first year on office.

I don’t believe Trump**, Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, or Reagan delivered one. IIRC.

They start the 2nd year.
.WW

So you’re saying Kamela will be giving it in 2022? They rarely let Joe out to speak now. A year from now his decline will be much worse.

I think the last to call the speech a SOTU was Eisenhower. For the first year, they just call it an address to the joint houses of congress.

Possible

Maybe he should give a State of the Joe address? Convincing America that Biden is mentally stable is one of the biggest hoaxes in U.S. history. Nicely done dems.

1 Like

He’s constitutionally required to do so.

“He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information on the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.“

Allan

We shall see. They don’t like letting him appear in public without his managers.

1 Like

Shall is in the constitution.

He must give a SOTU

Allan

There is only one reason to start a thread with this question…and no it isn’t the smartass answer you will give to this post.

I’ll take your bet. Avis for a year?

Here is a list of In-person annual messages and SOTU’s. President’s haven’t given one the shortly after assuming office in quite some time.
.WW

1 Like

Who is going to enforce this?

That is my understanding as well. I suspect that this year, since Biden has some time to play with, he will wait until we get the pandemic more under control before he gives a speech. Incidentally, while it is a constitutionally mandated duty, there is no requirement that it be a speech.

I mention this for our friends on the other side who are posting all this “Biden is senile” stuff.

He will.

Probably not in the first year though in the format we think of as the SOTU address. President’s haven’t given one after being in office only a month or two for a number of years. The Constitution just says The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.”

It does not set a time frame. I’m sure Biden will give a formal SOTU on the same time frame as other modern Presidents.
.WW

Wrong. The way y’all treated Trump and Trump voters for 5 years was over the top. A little over the top return fire is justified. I will give Biden all the respect you gave Trump.

It’s in the constitution. “Shall”

Allan