Will Leftist control of Hollywood slip now?

Logically, cities aren’t 90%+ left elsewhere, so neither is Hollywood. its a protection scheme. The crazies stay away if you parrot the party line.

Until now. All norms are breaking down, the left is often seen consuming itself, various victim groups vying for attention $$$ power.

Its likely conservatives afraid of leftist bullies will begin peeking out of the closet, and the coast is getting clear.

A red wave begins with a trickle.

Recall, I predicted the Trump when all the left (and some never trumpers on the right) posting here, laughed at that.

They aren’t laughing any more.

And now I’m predicting Hollywood will cast off the Leftist Yoke enough to permit conservatives “come up for air”

Jesus I miss the ignore feature.

1 Like

I look forward to the next blockbuster starring Jason Bateman and Scott Baio.

1 Like

The whole premise of this thread was crap. Weinstein’s troubles have no political connection except to those who look under every rock for them. The outrage against Weinstein was united across the board. It had nothing to do with politics.

Yes, actually they are.

Sure if you imagine it was.

It’s a fact.

In your mind.

Weinstein illustrated this thread when he promised to “go after the NRA” thinking that would protect him from investigations.

It didn’t, and everyone paying “protection money” to leftist causes noticed.

The anomalous 90% concentration of leftist in Hollywoood (when everywhere else its more like 50 -50) is an illusion, and soon to be destroyed as people realize paying lip service to leftism no longer is a get out of jail free card.

Is this kind of a standard defense? You guys are making the same argument in regards to the nfl.

Seems obvious that a lot of movies are being made that folks just aren’t interested in but Hollywood isn’t changing a thing.

Several years back i went to a lot of movies. These days i rarely go.

Of course Hollywood reacts to changing tastes. How do you account for the shift in movie genres? Hollywood exists to make money and if a movie or an actor does not bring in the dollars Hollywood moves on. It shows how US centric Americans are. If a movie does not do particularly well in the US then its a disaster regardless if that movie goes on to make a fortune globally.

As for perverts in Hollywood, it has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with money. Perverts and abusers exist in all sections of society; however, those who are rich and well connected have the means and the protection to indulge themselves at their whim. No matter the demographic of the wealthy and the circles they move in, perverts and abusers will exist in those circles.

I guarantee there are just as many abusers in politics and the upper echelons of business as they are in Hollywood.

1 Like

Two multi screen movie houses opened in our area in the past three years. I would say that kind of indicates the movie business is doing well.

Me neither. But the parking lots in the local movie theaters is usually pretty packed especially on Friday nights.

I made no reference to perverts in Hollywood but rather the substandard movies being made. I think they have gotten lazy to be honest.

The local theatre seems to have a handful of people per movie. Since they are capable of showing 14 movies at one time the parking lot may be a bit deceptive.

In the meantime, Netflix is worth about $152 billion… that’s just Nextflix… Would you consider Netflix a “leftist” or “Lib” company?

“I heard” sums up a lot of what you tell us.

I thought we were talking Hollywood and their movies. Are you trying shift directions here?

I have netflix mostly for old sitcoms and some comedies. Their original movies stink for the most part.