Will anyone EVER volunteer to work in New York again?

They’d better hope they never find themselves in need again.

1 Like

And here is the fun part.

Medical staff from intermountain that went – paid by intermountain.

Utah Income tax rate 4.75% – single rate.

So lets look at New York. Assuming they only count the money made in New York – State income tax rate - 4%. If they worked in New York itself, they can add in another 3% (for a total of 7%). Now if New York goes by their TOTAL income, that rate could go as high as a combined 12.7%.

So when it comes to Utah taxes, they won’t pay anything on money made in NY as they can deduct that from taxes owed.

But really at nearly 13% income tax rate in New York City??? Who in their right mind would continue to live there?!?!?!?!?!?!

1 Like

Stupid people with a herd mentality?

1 Like

images (1)

1 Like

I have no desire to ever even see the city myself.

2 Likes

I’m assuming either they love the city or they moved there for job opportunity.

I dunno. I couldn’t live in New York. Loved the time I got to visit it. But I couldn’t live there.

The only “large city” I could see myself in is New Orleans. I love the Big Easy. The culture, the food, the pace, the history. I’ve always loved New Orleans and growing up just two and a half hours away meant that I’ve gotten to spend a lot of time there.

The only reason I’ve wanted to go, living roughly 4 hours away, is a restaurant that specializes in hot & spicy :hot_face:, Los Dos Molinos, started out west & now has a restaurant in Long Island.

The way things are going, I don’t think we’ll get to go :frowning:

I’ve been in the airport a few times but only to switch planes on the way to the UK.

p.s. That spicy food sounds good. I used to order the hot shrimp every time i ate Mexican food. I pick my spots now to do so.

1 Like

I can’t ever see myself living in a big city. I mean not even something that’s not a true big city like Salt Lake City. I’ve lived in more rural area’s all my life and you just can’t beat it.

However on my bucket list are two thing.

Times squre new years ever (that one is looking more and more like it’s never going to happen with all the restrictions they put on it. Example once your inside the gate – no restrooms not even porta poties. You leave, your done for the night.)

The other is New Orleans during mardi gras – Not to get ■■■■ faced drunk . . . but to experience the music, the atmosphere - - - and to find time to go wander around the City of the Dead.

Is he trying to use COVID to bail it out?

1 Like

Oddly enough despite visiting New Orleans hundreds of times in my life I’ve never went to Mardi Gras celebrations. I’ve always avoided it during Mardi Gras.

One thing I hate about the city is the parking; it’s a pain in the ass to park anywhere that doesn’t charge you out the ass for six hours of parking. And during Mardi Gras it’s even worse.

The last time I went and stayed I got lucky as hell. Stayed in a AirBandB right in the middle of the French Quarter and got the last 24 hour token in a parking lot about a five minute walk away.

The only “city” I’ve lived in (like you I’ve always resided in super rural areas) is Jackson, MS. I actually really love Jackson despite the bad rap it gets. I mean, it’s a ■■■■ hole in some places but it was always my home away from home growing up so living there as an adult didn’t bother me. I know what streets to avoid and that’s really all you have to do.

Those rich greedy healthcare workers need to pay their fair share.

3 Likes

But on Saturday, Mount Sinai Health System announced it was shutting down the field hospital. Sources told local media the decision was due in part to Samaritan Purse’s Christian beliefs.

“Source tells me a decision was made to sever ties after controversy over the group’s religious views on the LGBTQ community caused concerns in NY,” local NYC reporter Melissa Russo said.

Obviously…New York does not need any medical help from professionals around the country…even if it’s free? Medical volunteers are being replaced with…“concerns”.

1 Like

They take your home when you die if you couldn’t afford the nursing home price tag and had to use medicaid.

Are you saying they socialized the system and broke it?

1 Like

Aren’t they something?! :roll_eyes:

Yup. :slight_smile:

This is true. But players aren’t asked to help. These are people asked to go out of their way to help. I personally don’t care what they have to pay in taxes. Work in a state with high taxes, pay them. Too bad. It’s up to the individual to accept a job in a high taxed state. Don’t want to be taxed to death? Don’t answer the call. It’s really not that complicated.

Hence the title of my thread – Will anyone ever volunteer to work in New York again?

For most of the “volunteers”, I imagine the reason why they volunteered in the first place is more important to them than paying an extra $20-$50 bucks in taxes.