Will anyone EVER volunteer to work in New York again?

New York put out a request for health care workers to “help them in their time of need”.

Medical groups from accross the nation ansered the call. One hospital chain here in Utah sent 100 nurses to New York City to help during their crisis.

What’s the thanks they get for their two weeks of helping New York?

We are going to tax your pay at OUR levels as our thanks!

“We’re not in a position to provide any subsidies right now because we have a $13 billion deficit,” Cuomo said. “So there’s a lot of good things I’d like to do, and if we get federal funding, we can do, but it would be irresponsible for me to sit here looking at a $13 billion deficit and say I’m gonna spend more money when I can’t even pay the essential services.”

If New York State is paying them – I can see it but . . .

Medical professionals that came to New York at the state’s request will be required to pay state taxes — even if an employer in their home state paid them for their time in New York.

If they are paid by their employer outside New York . . . Screw you Cuomo . . . they came to help you, you asked for them . . . keep your ■■■■■■■ hands off their money.

No one should EVER answer a call for volunteering in New York EVER again.

1 Like

Good Lord. That can’t be right.

What the ■■■■■

Might be a while before Franklin Graham and Samaritans Purse come back either.

Seems when things started calming down a little virus wise Gay activist types started demanding that they leave. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This is how it works for everyone. Sports players pay the state tax of whichever state they play in. I’m sorry if some just learned today how state taxes work.

1 Like

ew

1 Like

Sucks especially if they come from a state that had their own income tax.

Those in the Military pay state and fed tax as well…

For one state.

1 Like

So you don’t think that since NY put out a call for other states to send health care workers, they should get an exemption for the good deed? This my friend is a LOT different than sports teams that regulary play there (even though I don’t think that is right either).

1 Like

unless you earn other income in the stae…

“If you are a nonresident, other income that you receive from New York State sources (including your spouse’s income) may be subject to tax”
https://veterans.ny.gov/content/new-york-state-income-tax-exemption-military-pay

Should military be tax exempt?

Yes. MOH awardees definitely should.

1 Like

And I agree…

If they are in the state for less than a month, they should pay tax in where their “station” is. Example, they are normally stationed in Grand Rapids – they go to NY for a month on manuvers or whatever, then go back to their station in Grand Rapids – then NO they should not.

This is how state taxes work. I’m sorry you’re just learning that today.

Utah is 90 days. THat’s the number I’m used to working with. 15 days?? No one should EVER volunteer for short term relief work EVER again in New York until they change the law. Cuomo should issue an examption to health care workers paid by their home employer.

It’s not how begging for help works.

3 Likes

Lucy, When a sports star joins a team in NY you are correct, but that star in essence is declaring NY as his home. This is an emergency and something completely different.

Our state of Virginia will send electrical power workers when a storm hits Fla. Fla will send their workers here when a storm hits. Those workers should not have to file a NY tax return. They are volunteers.

Same with Military. Would you expect them to pay NY state taxes if they were assigned to a base in NY?

1 Like

unless the states have a reciprocity agreement, then you pay the tax to the state you live in, not where you work…