Why were members of the Church attacked with tear gas and rubber bullets?

Yes, tear gas was absolutely used.

The protest had been entirely peaceful up to that point.

Were people bathing their faces in milk because they thought they were boxes of cereal?

3 Likes

It was confirmed that Barr sent them around 6:10 pm.

Maybe they were.

They were smoke bombs.

A clergy member of that church got hit with the fumes, they absolutely confirmed it was tear gas. Are you saying the clergy of one of the most important churches in America lied?

2 Likes

Police say it was smoke. I doubt a reporter could tell the difference.

1 Like

He doesnā€™t know the difference.

Ever smelled tear gas? It does linger area.

I assume youā€™ve been tear-gassed before. So have I.

Itā€™s pretty easy to tell that youā€™ve been tear-gassed - and not just hit with a ā€œsmoke bombā€.

1 Like

If you were ever in the Army you know teargas well. In boot camp that was the tradition, test your mask and then take it off and experience what tear gas did to you.

That stuff is brutal.

1 Like

I have been tear-gassed.

1 Like

You ever been smoked?

Smoked?

Sorta. I was in a house fire, and Iā€™ve played with industrial smoke bombs.

OK thenā€¦and you expect the president to walk through it 3 minutes later?

Thinkā€¦

3 Likes

Then you probably could. How many of those reporters have?

Ohhh the police said it was smoke.
At this moment in time I donā€™t think I will be trusting much of what any policeman sez, thanks, but Iā€™ll trust my eyes on that one.
While Trump was giving the rose garden speech saying, heā€™s with the protestors, he was actually gas bombing a peaceful protest, before curfew.
OHHH MY GOD!!!
I think I liked him better hiding in the bunker peeping out the curtains.

2 Likes

30 minutes later.

The tear-gassing happened around 6:30 - just before Trump began his press conference.

You can even hear the explosions of tear gas grenades in the background of his press conference.

2 Likes

Honestly, experienced field journalists are arguably more likely to have experience with tear gas than most professions.

They arenā€™t experienced.

It probably was CS, Iā€™m bored with it.