Why were members of the Church attacked with tear gas and rubber bullets?

Yes, but since the clergy and volunteers were providing snacks, water, and hand sanitizers to those that were protesting in Lafayette Park his message was sent by driving them from their church for the photo op.

1 Like

Trump is lucky he’s got sleepy Joe to deal with if it were Hillary, or even Bernie this whole debacle so far would be democratic artillery. Biden is just not exploiting this, and Trump should be thankfull.

I disagree. I think the best option for Biden is to sit back, make some speeches, and let Trump hang himself.

2 Likes

Is it that bad?
It is isn’t it.
Biden and Warren, our next leaders?

Stumbled upon an article at mediaite about it

“Despite that reporting from the ground, U.S. Park Police issued a statement later Tuesday claiming that they did not use tear gas, but conceding that pepper balls were deployed to disperse the crowd. Tear gas and pepper spray have similar effects.“

Pepper balls?

There is an important distinction between “pepper balls” - which are essentially paintballs filled with capsaicin powder - and tear gas (CS).

I have experienced both. CS is exponentially worse than pepper.

I guess my point is the ole’ “never let a tragedy go to waste” typical left wing dive right up the middle play, seems what, untouchable now?
It’s too quite from them. Maybe if the left speaks the angry mobs, and righteous protestors, might slow down or something.
Your right, it is that bad, just sit back.
Nero played a string instrument as Rome burned no?
With Mr. Presidents natural puckering ability, he’s definetly a wind instrument,

Yes, pepper balls.

You can even find them on Amazon. :wink:

Were they warned? I asked that in a thread yesterday and was assured that they were not warned before the tear gassing began. Do you have a link for that?

I haven’t bothered to look, but I have read posts on other media from people who were watching live feeds say they heard them get warned. It’s one of those things. People will stick to what they choose to believe until someone forces them to re-evaluate with actual video evidence. I don’t think opinions either way will change unless we see the whole thing. Past experience has show to me however, that what happens during live feeds is not totally saved and uploaded in it’s entirety.

We will have to continue to see what is put out there.

Because she hadn’t even been notified that a church (THE church, really) in her diocese would be honored with a presidential visit cleared by tear gas. Some people are so sensitive .

He stood on the sidewalk. He doesn’t need her permission nor is she required to be told in advance he is going to stand on a sidewalk.

She is mad because her political slip is showing.

1 Like

So the curfew was 7 pm but Trump was seen at St John’s Church afterwards? Hypocritical?

1 Like

No one is arguing that he was somehow legally forbidden from using the church as a prop for his photo op.

Then quit whining she wasn’t told in advance he was going to stand on a sidewalk.

Counterproductive to… looking like a tough guy? Okay, we’re all impressed. Brandishing the Bible (as someone said, “like the ape in 2001: A Space Odyssey”) was a nice touch.

1 Like

Probably. But then, nobody else is apparently paying attention to the curfews either. :woman_shrugging:

She has just as much of a right to be mad at her church being used as a political prop as Trump has to use her church as a political prop.

I know, right?

3 Likes

She should be mad about the fact someone tried to burn it down, but she has to answer for what she deems is the bigger issue in her heart.

She also should be used to “the Church of the Presidents” being used as a prop by now.

2 Likes