Why we still need Trump

true enough. he does play court politics.

Simple lesson. The way the SC is they are the final arbiter of what is and is not constitutional. Disagree or agree with their decisions thats just how it is.

Your intrepretation of the constitution might not be the same as mine which is why the SC exists.

We can sit and pontificate all day long but ultimately what we think is irrelevant its what the SC thinks.

You mean a REAL Republican not, as @Roxiebelle pointed out in another thread, the current POTUS who knew he couldn’t win as a third party candidate so became, for convenance, a “Republican”

absolutely false. they are an arbiter. The congress has the power to limit them.

again false. they exist to settle disputes between the branches, and between states.

Exactly and ultimately comes down to interpreting the. Constitution.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/about.aspx

Actually, that is incorrect. It’s not the way it the SCOTUS is, it’s the way the two party system is. The final arbiter is the people through the amendment process. Unfortunately, that will probably never happen again, at least one with any substance.

1 Like

Sure it is.

Glad we could agree.

Sarcasm is something many Americans cannot grasp. But thats okay mate I am here to educate you. Peace and love.

1 Like

doesn’t involve interpreting anything. It comes down to applying what’s written. Most “interpreting” is done because the justices don’t like the decision they’d have to make based on what’s written.

1 Like

It kills me you think I’m some liberal establishment lackey. I’m bitter that Trump with all of his nastiness, was the best we had to offer. I voted for neither Trump or Clinton.

1 Like

me either, but I got over it. It became obvious early on that Trump would be the most effective conservative President that we’ve had. I don’t care if he tweets.

We say that about the Brits all the time. :wink:

Bollocks they have to consider the constitution and decide how it applies ie intrepretation.

Anyhoo its boring going round in circles. Nothing you will say will make me change my mind.

It’s all one big club, and we ain’t in it! :wink:

–George Carlin

1 Like

ha - irony is another concept that colonials struggle with.

I loved it years ago when I spent time training with the National Guard It was literally just months of continuous piss taking and one upmanship.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see what is said about Kavanuagh if the day comes he votes in a way that Trumpists disagree with.

Actually no it wont it will be predictable outcome. He will suddenly become a leftist globalist etc etc

its amazing how far from reality this opinion actually is.

most “interpreting” is done by the executive branch which must interpret the law in order to enforce what it says. 99% of the time they get it right. When there is a dispute the parties go to a court, which ultimately decides first whether or not the executives interpretation is constitutionally correct. If they determine it is, case closed. If not, then they look at alternative interpretations provided by the other party. very rarely do they actually interpret anything for themselves.

That’s what reminds us that we’re still blood related. :wink:

1 Like

I was taken aside by our HR once and was told that if they understood half of what I said I would be fired.

3 Likes