Why The Upcoming Raids Will Be a Disaster: ICE is Dangerously Inaccurate

What are you talking about Martians? :thinking:

I’m talking about US citizens like the ones talked about in the OP who are being deported by ICE. What did you think I was talking about?

What are you talking about. Those being targeted have already had their day in court and have deportation orders.

Another one who didn’t read the OP who doesn’t “see” the problem.

2 Likes

To keep millions of illegals here because ICE might make a mistake or two is a foolish position.

When you cease to have borders sooner or later you cease to have a nation.

A mistake or two. Right.

https://www.cato.org/publications/immigration-research-policy-brief/us-citizens-targeted-ice-us-citizens-targeted

Why is ICE targeting citizens to begin with? Why are citizens being caught in a net for illegals? Why is anyone ok with this?

Well, did he lower himself to scum and push the Russian collusion lie?:rofl:

love this.

So when the police or ICE show up with a no-knock warrant, break down the door and toss the flash-bangs and kids get hurt and civilians get killed in the confusion and it turns out the wrong house was hit at least the survivors know they didn’t break the law and controlled their breathing.:roll_eyes:

They will probably walk away knowing how Dangerous illegal immigration is!

1 Like

I read the OP and all linked material. In the planned roundup my statement is accurate. Will mistakes be made? Maybe. Does that mean we should stop deporting illegals, given that we will never be able to create a fail safe system?

Citizens aren’t being targeted. That is simply spin. Are there mistakes made? The obvious answer is yes. But that doesn’t equate to being targeted.

So no more deportations? Is that your answer?

What about those no knock drug busts? They sometimes get the wrong house. Do we stop those as well?

Pretty obvious he’s talking about whom he described…people who have already gone through the legal process and it has been determined they need to be removed to their own country.

The OP is behind a paywall to a leftist newspaper. If it is talking about people legally here being removed, then it is probably talking about major roundups such as of workplaces, not roundups of specific known people.

So perhaps people who know they are under orders for deportations should obey those orders. Criminals always put others at risk.
The solution is not to never enforce laws.

1 Like

Speaking of spin…

Cute, cherry picking an extrapolation:

Let’s take a look at that, shall we?

Applying the rate of wrongful detainers in Travis County to all detainers in the state of Texas from 2006 to 2017 implies that ICE wrongfully placed detainers on at least 3,506 U.S. citizens statewide. Other evidence shows that ICE regularly releases U.S. citizens after it executes a detainer, meaning that the true number of U.S. citizens initially targeted is likely even higher than that estimate.

Yeah, you really aren’t helping your case here, when the “it’s an estimate” paragraph shows it’s a low estimate. But just for you, I’ll concede that the author of the original article should have included the word “estimated”.

Which still doesn’t change the fact that one is too many and we know there are a lot more than that:

There’s a lot more. Want me to keep going?

2 Likes

"From October 2005 to August 2017, 814 targets of ICE detainers in Travis County-3.3 percent of all requests-claimed U.S. citizenship and presented officers with a Social Security number (SSN). "

Spin. :roll_eyes:

Ewwwwww. The worst.