Why The Upcoming Raids Will Be a Disaster: ICE is Dangerously Inaccurate

Steps should be made to correct errors. Of course, that is very different from saying people here illegally should not be retained and sent to their own country. Saying there is a problem is not the same as saying the answer is to do nothing.

Targets because of confusion, not because they were American citizens.

Once again, illegal aliens are being targeted, not American citizens. Mistakes are made, as is the case with just about any law enforcement action.

In regards to those claiming to be U.S. citizens I actually know illegals who have been in this country for much of their lives, who have a Social Security number. They are still here illegally.

So when looking at those statistics, rather than focusing on those claiming to be U.S. citizens, how many of them actually were U.S. citizens?

So that brings me back full circle. Do we simply abandon deportations on the chance that we might make a mistake? Is that what we do in the criminal justice system, where some small percentage of people are wrongly convicted of a crime they didn’t commit?

Progress. You claimed they weren’t being targeted at all.

I clarified my claim. But you have yet to respond to my question regarding solution. Do we simply stop deporting people or do we try and minimize mistakes?

Better than surrendering to an authoritarian government that no longer represents us. If the Constitutional Republic is circling the drain, why should the rest of us follow it down?

Maybe we should start with figuring out how citizens end up being targeted by a program that’s supposed to be targeting illegals and fix it so that doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Yes it did, it just had a different name.

Sovereign citizens help our constitutional republic? It’s hard to make a basketball game better if you take the ball and walk out of the gym.

You don’t think they are already doing that?

Is this one of those times when the government can do something right?

1 Like

You obviously didn’t. You didn’t even think they were targeting citizens.

The cases the libs said they are ok deporting?

They’re only inept in everything except law enforcement. Obviously.

1 Like

They have been proven necessary to deport through due process.

Yes, they are illegals. They should have turned themselves in.

Due process. Sure. That’s why it can be cleared up with a few phone calls. Because a deportation hearing is a trial. :laughing:

They were targeting illegals. In the confusion some number of legal residents were caught up. You also need to look at the time frames referenced in the provided links. Again, do you believe they have taken no steps to minimize their errors?

You haven’t responded on the question about stopping deportations. Your non-answer leads me to believe that you aren’t looking for something that drastic.

Seriously? Please tell me that you don’t believe every illegal who walks across our border is entitled to a jury trial to decide if they have a right to remain here?

They were targeting citizens because they thought they were illegals for some reason. Stop trying to confuse the issue. Why aren’t we asking how these “mistakes” are happening? What policy has changed that these “mistakes” are happening more regularly than before? We’ve had immigration enforcement for years without deporting citizens. What changed?

Are you somehow implying this all started with Trump???