Why so serious?

It’s Christmas Eve, and I have family coming over in the next 30 minutes, so I’m off for the night, might come back before bed.

Merry Christmas @WuWei

Merry Christmas @Dem

1 Like

Or maybe we could just stay on topic and not derail threads.

This is a political forum not a comic forum.

Perhaps get the mods to create one.

Why would we expect clear answers from the mods? That might lead to clear sets of rules that could be followed instead of the current situation where a few dudes can randomly decide what is fine from day to day and go on power trips based on a whim.

But hey, I guess some people enjoy the tip toeing nonsense.

1 Like

What are you unclear about?

There’s literally a thread in the politics category called “Funny Political Pictures II”.

1 Like

Then maybe keep it there and make it a “general humor” sub forum?

1 Like

3 Likes

I looked through your recent posts.

Is this “lighthearted”?

Seems pretty serious to me.

You’re a good poster.

1 Like

For once I actually agree with you. I think WR needs to lighten up a little- and I sat this while in a foul mood myself.

Oh shucks…I missed all the fun today.

Just for record…good heated banter is good. Just have to be careful not to put some one eye out. Or in this case disrupt a thread or a good conversation.

Old saying…time and place for everything.

That’s my two cents.

2 Likes

A little humor never hurts any thread. Certainly it’s better than the rancor that so many result in.

1 Like

That’s what has killed this forum. For years I used my sense of humor to De-escalate things when the debate began to turn hot. Things can be allowed to deflect to humor for a few moments. Then get back on track. This place used to be full of characters who poked fun while not derailing. It’s only derailing when people walk away from someone’s constant desire to argue…and the person’s argument loses steam. The post goes on…most of the time.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Merry Christmas Samm.

Amen and the same to you. :christmas_tree:

Merry Christmas and in the spirit of the thread title something upbeat that will get your feet tapping - Bibio’s “Why So Serious?”

A joke here and there is fine especially if it’s relevant to the discussion or playing off someone’s point.

It’s derailing when you take the discussion off subject/topic.

The problem is who decides what is off topic. I have used the stay on Topic line used over and over just to shut someone down.

I took your advice. Thank you.

I’m going to be changing some things personally with regards to moderation.

2 Likes

So no more posting while drunk? :stuck_out_tongue: