Why renewable energy can't save the planet

Plenty of people are prepared for at least short failures of power. Cut off my electricity tomorrow and I would be just fine.

I’m ignoring Abbot altogether.

I tested my gas fireplace and recharged my electric lantern to be ready for the rolling blackout. None came.

My sister is a constituent and she is firmly backing Cruz as are the majority of Texans no doubt.

She was out of touch with the fake media hysteria for a dew days with her power off but is quite annoyed with them now!

1 Like

They have Ice in Norway and Minnesota too

You tried saying everything else went out because they couldn’t handle the excess load when the windmills froze.

it was the lack of winterization on the nat gas piplines and instrumentation that caused the blackout. when the instruments froze the generators couldnt get fuel.

100% the fault of the power companies,ERCOT and the PUC that appointed the ERCOT members
and they should all be held personally liable for damages

And when they do, their wind generators have to shut down until the blades are deiced.

Yes, increased demand and loss of generators. That’s what I said.

There was no single cause, but wind and solar generation was the first to drop off line.

[quote=“Samm, post:347, topic:163203”]

That’s not a failure of natural gas, its a failure of the grid to be able to cover for the loss of wind and solar during an extreme high demand situation. That is the Achilles heel of wind and solar. Every Kw produced by those kind of green energy sources must be covered by reserve capacity of thermal or hydro generation
[/quote]

It is clear you wanted to absolve natural gas of failing and lay the whole blame at the feet of green energy. That’s is exactly what you tried to do in your paragraph above.

Is ok. You were operating with incorrect info from Abbot who tried to do the same. You were merely parroting Abbot’s comments. Later, when Abbot corrected himself saying natural gas also was to blame, magically you did as well.

I didn’t want to absolve anything. Everything I said in that post was true.

I had not heard that so would be interested in reading more about that timeline. Can you provide your source? Thanks.

You said it wasn’t a failure of natural gas. Please explain.

It wasn’t true.

As was repeatedly told to you, using statistics from ERCOT itself, they got MORE power from wind and other renewables than they normally count on this time of year…even with some of the turbines shutting down.

You were trying to blame the failures on green energy failing.

It’s obvious that’s what you were doing because, as pointed out, that’s what Abbott was doing.

When he later got called out for blatantly trying to push an agenda, you changed your tune as well.

I was doing no such thing. I wasn’t blaming anybody or any thing in that post.

What do you mean?

Just out of curiosity, where are the batteries for these electric cars made?

73% China, 12% USA and a smattering of others scattered about. We do have plans to take a bigger bite out of that pie, but that’s where it was in 2019, the most recent thing that popped up that looked credible.

1 Like

Imagine that. Of course China will increase.