Why renewable energy can't save the planet

Japan just discovered a deposit of rare earth minerals large enough to supply the entire world for the next one hundred years, but it is very deep in the ocean and won’t happen quickly. It is in their own waters and beyond debate that they have exclusive rights to it.

Which they will sell to China.

Why wouldn’t they make their own batteries and sell them to us and others? They are pretty good at that stuff.

Labor costs.

1 Like

Not sure about that, just bought a Japanese car for the youngest daughter. Listed where it was assembled and where the parts were sourced, all Japan.

Was it an electric car?

No it wasn’t but Toyota looks to be one of the favorites in that market as well, ahead in battery development.

But the Chinese can and do build them with lower manpower cost. They also are not averse to selling at a loss to corner the market.

Someone has seen the Kandi. Anyway, as for Japanese manufacturing, like ours, labor rates aren’t the last word. Productivity can and does outweigh it. If my labor costs triple but they triple productivity over the low wage workers, it’s a wash.

We’ll see. My bet is that if the Japanese are successful at mining that subsea mineral find, that they will be selling most of it to the Chinese.

Japan hates relying on China.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/japan-moves-to-secure-rare-earths-to-reduce-dependence-on-china/ar-BB183qbq

Yes they do. But they like money even more than Americans do.

They have giant landfills filled used windmill wings. Did they tell you they wore out on dems TV? They can’t be recycled either. But hey people got rich. Probably donated to the dems and rinos.

1 Like

The grape harvest in France has been ruined by frost, All Climate predictions have failed, so it’s not a Science. It’s a religion. Our state religion in fact…

Wind mils and solar panels are cathedrals to the religion.

It’s just an inquisition…

Is that April snow… Remember when the TV told you our children would not see snow in the Cal mountains? And the arctic would be melted by now. And you believed it?

You were lied too. But can you learn?

Never heard of Generac, have you? :rofl:

You can throw some dirt over that and turn it into a nice park.

Coal ash ponds aren’t so benign.

When was the last time Texas turned into the Arctic Circle?

Spoiler: It’s never before happened in recorded history.

If you are going to demand people prepare for things that have never happened before, where are the plans for a zombie apocalypse in LA? I mean that’s never happened before either but you gotta be prepared anyhow according to you right?

If i was gonna buy a Japanese car i would buy one made in the USA. Some Nissans are made here in TN.

Just a personal preference.

My Buick will probably out last me anyway. :wink:

Ah, but they could be recycled to build “corduroy” roadways over swampy ground. … if the greenies will let you build the road, that is.