Why have the Jewish people been the most persecuted segment of humanity in world history?

The Turks tried to exterminate the Armenians.

Had the Turks been as efficient as Germans they would have been just as successful.

1 Like

Well then you’re saying God is not omniscient.

That’s blasphemy where I’m from.

What?

Blood libels, or accusations of crimes against one group by another, have been factors in Jewish persecutions. Here is one example of Jews being accused of sickening the majority Christian population because the number of sick in Jewish communities was less than among the majority:

There was no Jewish conspiracy—simply superior hygiene practices which are part of the Old Testament.

1 Like

I suspect misinterpretation of Jews being “chosen people” may factor into persecution.

They see themselves as chosen to receive Torah—a particular word of God, and not as the only peoples to have a relationship with Him:

1 Like

The U.N. condemns Israel more than all other nations combined, or at least it seems like it.

Europe has become largely secular and many of them despise Israel.

Much of the Muslim world hates Israel.

When I don’t like the idea that we have a creator, I just say that the universe caused itself to come into existence and call it a day.

Pick up a Koran and get back to me.

Educate yourself and then come back to the discussion, unless you’re willing to pay me tuition.

That’s Devil talk!

Why doesn’t Stalin’s kills count? He exterminated more people. And let’s not get started on what was going on in China.

1 Like

Israel is not the Jewish people.

I condemn certain practices of the state of Israel.

Doesn’t make me a hater of the Jewish religon.

Israel is a separate from Judaism.

Allan

Judaism and Zionism, or support for the man made state of Israel, are often separate. There are Jews, from Reconstructionist to Ultra Orthodox, who do not support it:

https://www.truetorahjews.org/held-back-returnees-story

There are some other interesting articles on that website as well.

Aren’t all states “man-made”?

Why does this have to be a competition? Let’s not forget Native Americans. They endured a genocide after Europeans came to the New World and were tricked into giving up their land until well into the 20th century.

But it is the Jewish state.

They were persecuted for their land, not because of who they are. Unlike Jews, they are no longer being persecuted.

Pretty much.

But how many others call themselves the (insert name of faith here) state, but the definition of who is of that faith does not mirror the faith’s definition?

An individual seeking citizenship under the Law of Return need have only one Jewish grandparent to qualify as automatically a citizen under that law. Rabbinic definition is an individual born to a Jewish mother or who completed a conversion.

Christians visiting Israel have noted stark contrasts to the Israel of the Bible “not by force or might” to the state established post WWII, protected by mandatory service of men & women in the IDF & American tanks.

So have Jews who have been largely disappointed by what they observed

www.truetorahjews.org

Jewish does not necessarily equal Israeli or pro Israel.

Many of them were certainly persecuted for who they were. Do you think they were allowed into all clubs, schools, and restaurants? Plenty of them were and still are targeted for violent acts.

If Israel didn’t have strong security, there wouldn’t be an Israel.

I take it you’re not a fan.