Why doesn't anyone push for significantly more than the proposed $15/hour minimum wage?

You’re too kind. lol

Everything is relative. Take your insistence on jumping in for a side argument for example. lol

1 Like

Everything might be relative, but everything is not binary.

1 Like

Meh, you’ll understand someday. You just need more suffering. lol

1 Like

I do understand.

I simply disagree.

There’s a difference.

Do fast food workers (and all other types of workers that typically make minimum wage) make substantially more in those countries than here in the US?

He clearly has more book learning and has done more research than I ever will or even want to do. I’m more of a seat of the pants flyer.

No, you really don’t. lol

I know. lol

Life experience is superior to reading internet links. :wink:

1 Like

Don’t workers who operate heavy equipment, automated machines, etc., which has substantially increased productivity, make more than minimum wage (and in some if not many of those cases a lot more)?

When it comes to living it sure as hell is. Real expertise is becoming a rare thing. It’ll get people out of poverty too! People know a zillion facts about absolutely nothing and know nothing about anything worthwhile.

Disclaimer, not talking about Jay Jay. :slight_smile:

Absolutely.

Edited to add; Wait, I don’t think that post was directed at me?

Close- in Germany they make about $13 an hour.

They also get yearly bonuses equivalent to about 5% of their earnings.

So about $13.65 an hour.

Corrected- that was the average. Minimum is $10 an hour.

However they get a lot of benefit like health care that we don’t get.

I estimate only about 20% of what I know comes from reading…lol!

My uncle owns a popular restaurant in Virginia. I talked to him about how a $15 national minimum wage would impact him. He told me he would have to raise prices on his 10 most popular menu items .40 to .60 cents and .10 on everything else:

I asked why don’t you just do that without the minimum wage increase? His response

“ because I make more money at their current pay”

1 Like

I did when I was a heavy construction equipment operator. Over 3x the minimum wage.

There are no such thing as useless facts. There are only useless applications of facts. :wink:

The Zen Train is warm on this frigid winter day. lol

I’ve never been stabbed in the back. Therefore, I don’t know how good it feels to have a back massage. See? Simple.

They also provide free college/training for better paying professions.

Reminds me of when the ACA was being debated, Papa John’s owner was complaining to be able to provide heath insurance, he would have to raise the price of pizzas by 25 cents to cover it. OK by me.