Why does Trump keep saying that China is paying for the tarrifs?

Let’s see how much you actually “know”?

If the price goes up, what happens to demand? If demand goes down, what happens to production? If production goes down but your fixed costs remain the same, what happens to profit? If profit goes down, who in the end…paid for the tariffs?

Nobody ignores this.

Anyone who knows anything about economics, however, knows that this type of effect only happens when an economy is in a certain stage of development, and even then doesn’t last.

This is the problem with trying to manipulate the economy…far too often, our manipulations fall prey to the Lucas Critique.

1 Like

Because… democrats?

MAGA hats are made in California.

There are several hundred items on the trump online store. Hurray that you found 1 made in America. What about the hundreds made in foreign countries using cheap labor?

I don’t disagree my friend. They should all be made in the US and Trump should without question…practice what he preaches. This goes for Ivanka too.

Lazy, weak response #3 for June 19

1 Like

Until his supporters demand he change and hold him to a standard, he never will. Right now his supporters give him a pass and don’t care.

If you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one you hit.

Because his supporters dont care if he lies so why not try to?

Welcome

After the talking points are disseminated.

Didn’t take long to bark that reply.

Wow. That was a pretty dumb and non-responsive post. :roll_eyes:

So now it’s about human rights? Trump has never done a thing to defend human rights lol.

What’s this? The Chinese 'Spy Chip' Story Is A Reminder Of How Insecure Our Digital World Really Is

That’s better - least you worked up the energy to try on that one. Well done. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah…that’s going to happen.

I respect your opinion…how about you tell me who’ll be the Dem nominee that’s the better choice?

I think it’s too early to know who will be the Dem nominee. So much will happen between now and then. Right now I think a lot of the candidates have a chance. I’m still learning about some of them so I don’t know enough to make a prediction.

That was a perfectly, political answer. You should run for mayor. :sunglasses: