Why does Trump keep saying that China is paying for the tarrifs?

I spoke with one of my uncles who works for a company that makes engines. They export a lot of engines. Due to the tariffs, they are looking in to moving a large portion of the manufacturing of their engines over to China to avoid tariffs.

Because Trump doesn’t understand Tariffs. He is right to levy them on China but he doesn’t understand that we the consumer ultimately pay them. I dont mind paying 3% to 5% more if it hurts China in the end. China is a evil communist tyranny that uses slave labor. Screw them. Most of what we rely on China for like computer chips and such are moving back to Taiwan. I would rather give them out business anyway.

The brain of most conservatives can operate no other way.

China responded to the tariffs by implementing tariffs of their own.

Do they also not understand how tariffs work?

They responded in kind to protect their market. That is what is at stake.

The action appears to be working as planned.

:money_with_wings:

Disingenuous. No reason to read any further.

TDS thread #3 for June 19.

2 Likes

The guy and his family have made millions off of cheap foreign labor and he has repeatedly advocated for abandoning human rights to appeal to his rabid political base.

The fact that you can make a statement like the above with a straight face would be laughable if it wasn’t indicative of how far gone so many tens of millions of Trumpists are and how completely cut off from reality they have become.

You never were going to anyways.

6 Likes

How is it TDS if it’s true? There’s nothing true about his China tariff statements.

I’m sure NK and MBS would agree Trump isn’t OK with human rights violations.

Trumpsters continue to amaze me at how detached from reality they become.

Trump is an idiot/liar and his brain-dead base/cult doesn’t care.

if you can’t post something nice don’t post something at all.

Where does Trump produce his products? wait for it.

No they responded by killing the U.S soybean market and the government need to bail them out to the tune of 40 billion dollars.

…and that plan is?

to totally destroy the American farming industry.

I can only hope Trump lands a crop duster onto a barren corn field with a “mission accomplished” sign in the background when that happens. At least there’d be a little comic relief to go with the travesty.

We don’t rely on China for advanced semiconductors.

Next?

Then why are Trump branded items made in China? :wink:

It depends on what you call “paying for”.

American consumers will be footing the bill for the higher prices. But it is China that loses the money, at least to an extent.