Why does Trump keep saying that China is paying for the tarrifs?

I know so many on here worship the guy, but I’d find it hard to believe that anyone could support him on his false claims of who pays for these tariffs. He even mentioned it last night at his rally. But the problem is it just isn’t true. The importer of record pays the tariffs on goods imported from China into the US. Trump claims China is paying billions to the US treasury, when it actuality, its AMERICAN COMPANIES that are paying this money. I’m looking for a Trump supporter to defend his false claim of “China is paying”. It just isn’t true.

Because he’s an idiot. And his supporters will believe him even when you point out over and over again that what he’s saying isn’t true. Trump has demonstrated repeatedly that he has no idea how trade works.

1 Like

Because he has learned that there are no consequences within his party for lying about everything, so why not just keep at it? The willfully ignorant will eat it up and accuse anyone who calls out the deluge of lies of being “deranged”.

1 Like

Welcome Rick. The American taxpayers are also paying for these tariffs. Unfortunately, the cult will believe whatever the liar in chief will tell them…I call it “The 5th Ave Syndrome”.

Welcome Rick!! Last night MSNBC was outside the Florida rally interviewing Trump supporters. There were multiple folks that claimed that Trump never lies and everything he says is fact. And you will find Trump supporters here that are of the same mindset. And there are Trump supporters here that will admit that he lies but continue to support him. These folks are not going to change their minds. And they will never admit that he is completely wrong.

1 Like

He says it because he is liar and wants his base to like him and tick up his poll numbers.

I’m surprised, I thought I was going to get attacked by Cult 45 supporters for questioning their Dear Leader. Nice to know not everyone on this forum is brainwashed.

3 Likes

They show up later.

3 Likes

Gaslighting and lies are now fundamental to the GOP; I think what happened is they know they don’t have the intellectual capacity to argue on the merits, so it’s just easier to con all the suckers.

1 Like

Neither do his supporters. Trump is an idiot and perfectly embodies today’s modern GOP base

1 Like

Because domestically produced goods are not taxed.

The tariff helps the standard of living of the US worker and the international poverty level of wages.

Not exactly a new or novel concept. Just one the globalists want to erase from memory.

Sorry…All nations are not equal in terms of business and labor and market accessibility.

Try listening to the President more and screaming at your electronic device less.

:desktop_computer:

Because he’s a liar who doesn’t know how lots of stuff works, and he generally says a lot of stupid ■■■■■

1 Like

Lots of people like cheap labor and to ignore human rights.

President Trump is not OK with this and neither are his voters.

:money_with_wings:

It does just the opposite. I’m amazed that you don’t know this. Well, maybe I’m not.

6 Likes

Then why are so many Trump products manufactured overseas by cheap labor in countries with poor human rights? Same with Ivanka.

1 Like

What? Fat donald is totally OK with this, including Ivanka. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

When you are not only not held accountable but defended vigorously and gain higher approval when you lie why would you care what you say is true or not?

1 Like

He understands his voters prefer to believe a convenient lie versus an inconvenient truth.

1 Like

A rational person would not be able to make this post with a straight face.

6 Likes

Try listening to the President more and screaming at your electronic device less

I have listened and he keeps saying that the US is receiving billions of dollars in tariffs paid by China. Tell me, when goods from China arrive at US ports who pays the tariffs? It’s not China. Trump says it is. I’d like my president to know how tariffs work if he’s going to use them.

1 Like