Why does anyone need an AR-15? Take your pick

Probable cause, warrant, trial, conviction, sentencing, incarceration. On an individual basis.

I call it due process.

Do you mean firearms only? I don’t know where grenades would fall, but you see my point that even the definition of ‘arms’ is not a simple matter.

No to the first.

The 2nd amendment contains no age restriction.

I am innocent until proven guilty so you don’t get to force me to prove I can have a gun prior to buying it. What should be done is watching the people on parole more closely because it shouldn’t be up to Academy to ensure people are following the law.

As to criminals having guns, I think once you’ve paid your debt to society, you get all of your rights back immediately. If we cannot trust you with a gun at that point, we cannot trust you with freedom. Why? They’ll get a gun regardless of background checks and hoops I have to jump through.

Wanna hear an insane story? Last year, I sent my daughter off to college and she stole my best handgun so I had to replace it. (I gave it to her, she just picked my favorite!) I had just purchased a 6.5 Grendel AR and gone through a background check. I have a LTC. I went to Academy, bought a gun and passed another background check. I took it to the range and three times it misfired, once blowing the ejector out. I was a manufacturing defect. I sent it back to Sig and they repaired it. When they shipped it back to me, it had to go through another FFL check so I did another background check, even though it was MY GUN. I took it back to the range and within 9 rounds, it misfired again. I sent it back to Sig and told them no more repairs, it needed to be a new SN. They agreed finally and sent me a new one. I picked it up again from Academy and guess what… another background check. What kind of stupidity have we forced on law abiding citizens? It’s insane that I have to jump through these hurdles, especially since I went through the effort to get a LTC.

1 Like

No, that’s my point. If you agree they should not be allowed to buy them on their own, we have a starting point on restrictions.

Why not?

True. Neither do the voting amendments except up.

We hardly need restrictions in place for that. I had the right to buy a bike on my own at 10 but I didn’t have the ability. What gun store is going to sell a 10 year old a gun anyway? If the 10 year old is hell bent on harm, he’ll probably steal his dad’s gun anyway.

Honestly, we don’t need a starting point for restrictions. It’s a RIGHT and government needs to keep their nose out of it. The Constitution doesn’t give them permission to regulate them.

1 Like

How should we try to keep guns out of the hands of criminals?

Search them at the prison gate.

1 Like

No to buying or owning them without parental supervision.

The 2nd had no age restriction because most kids were taught to shoot back then. I taught my kids how to shoot pretty early and my grandson is 9 and has been shooting with me. It’s just not worth the arbitrary lines. If you’re 16 and on your own, why should you be prohibited from buying a gun to defend yourself?

The restrictions are just flat out silly sometimes. In Scotland, I went to buy some groceries and had plastic knives in there to make sandwiches. The register beeped and the girl stopped and waited. I said “Oops, did I break your machine?” She said, no, I’m 19 so I can’t sell you knives, it needs my managers approval. I laughed for three days but honestly, it’s no laughing matter. The line keeps moving until they get to the point of ludicrous.

1 Like

What does the meat packing plant have to do with the Governors inflating covid death with our elderly?

If you don’t trust them with a gun, what the hell are they doing loose in society? You’re flat out NOT going to keep them from having guns if they’re intent on having one. Making me jump through hoops certainly isn’t going to shut them down.

So violate the Constitution?

BINGO. I laughed out loud at this one. :smiley:

You don’t care about the red state governors inflating covid deaths with our meatpacking workers?

I’m glad you came out in one piece. And I know the financial lose of the ARs. I have a DPMS Oracle that’s on the cheap end, but I still paid $475 for the bare bones version.

My question is why did you have all three guns on the boat? And did insurance cover them at all?

Naw, I had all 28 of my guns and God knows how much ammo on that boat and I didn’t have insurance on them. I had them on the boat because I didn’t want someone to steal them while I was gone. In retrospect, the boat may have sunk due to the weight. :rofl:

I’m sitting here thinking: “ thank God, I’m not alone”!
I lost an AR-10, an M1A (my fav) and a 1911 in a horrific helicopter crash that I miraculously walked away from. I tried to rescue them but all that 7.62 ammo started cooking off and that was all she wrote!
I don’t know how long I can hold out with a shotgun and .00 if it hits the fan?

There’s the rub.