Why did the GOP vote against vet healthcare bill?

No…I never gave a ■■■■ about that laptop, or Hunter.

Yes Obama did sign it into law which was a good first try. Trump made it so anyone could use it. You didn’t have to be remote and some other reasons. The remote one is the one I needed.

1 Like

Do you have a source for that claim, or are you just making it up?

Well, there you go.

Afraid of a smart, liberal comedian?

Not at all. Keep reading.

Schumer gets it done.

From what I read, there were two sentences removed from the bill passed by the senate. The ads are gonna be brutal next month. Sold out vets cuz the dems embarrassed them with the inflation reduction act.

Glad to see they got it done. They really miscalculated that move.

2 Likes

Why’d they change their minds?

I love how folks are dancing around this topic. Nothing changed in the bill, so why were the GOP so against it the second time? This is easy to explain. The GOP backed the CHIPs act as a bipartisan bill and that very day, after passage, Schumer and Manchin announced their agreement on a new bill that would fall under reconciliation.

Obviously they kept this quiet because they knew the GOP would stall the CHIPs bill as a bargaining tactic. The GOP felt like they got played and then used this bill as retribution in place of the CHIPs bill. Which is a terrible idea. They then tried to rationalize their change in vote by citing changes in the bill during rewrite, notably that it was now mandatory spending. It was always mandatory.

This was just a middle finger to the Dems in the Senate, with fist bumping on the floor once they did it. And then they tried to cover their tantrum up with smoke and mirrors, but the outrage drowned them out and they folded.

Simple as that.

2 Likes

That sums it up nicely.

I am surprised the GOP lied about the funding stuff, though. Especially since it was clearly a crafted talking point pushed out as damage control.

1 Like

They weren’t counting on Jon Stewart steam rolling their talking point.

Ah, yes. How could I have forgotten Jon Stewart? :us:

I wish the Dems would fight like that more often. His presser after the first vote was awesome.

Agreed.

He should run for Senate

1 Like

Why do we need another partisan idiot in dc?

You love partisans as long as they have an R Next to their name

A knife that cuts both ways, of course.

And, if they have an R, they’re not partisan IDIOTS.