Why did the GOP vote against vet healthcare bill?

:roll_eyes:yes it is mandatory spending that is what they said. What you refuse to acknowledge is that mandatory 400B on top of the money for VA is not allocated toward anything and they can use how they want. The only stipulation is they have to spend it, ie mandatory

3 Likes

We have access to great healthcare. The VA is where doctors who barely graduate end up. :rofl:

2 Likes

These are the same crocodiles who cried “no blood for oil!” that now have the gall to thank veterans for their service. :wink:

4 Likes

Well, they’re gonna hafta.

Meanwhile, that picture of Senators fist bumping the bill’s defeat will just sit out there on slow burn

1 Like

About 15 seconds of it.

Good.

If there’s a slush fund included on this thing nuke it.

I have no problem with senators celebrating doing a good job…I do when leftists lie about the situation.

Sneaky’s right…shred the pork and give us a bill that deals with what it says it deals with…

The optics are still bad.

I dunno if I’d call it a lie. They did vote against it and they did celebrate after

There are lots of bad optics out there…

On both sides of the aisle.

That fist bump can live in the archives of bad optics…most of which are washed away by the next news cycle.

It’s pretty bad.

Lots of bad optics have found their way to the dustbin of history.

It’s a good thing the senate isn’t gong to be decided by a thin margin in a few months

And upcoming campaign ads

ON 6-16, they voted for it.

Nothing in the bill changed.

Then they voted against it.

Well that’s not true. Every article I have read mentions something like “minor technical changes”. But I can’t find any further details.

Did you watch the Stewart rant?

I trust him over any pol.

Toomy and Cruz said the spending went from discretionary to mandatory.
That is a lie. It was always mandatory.
The only changes i see when it came back form the House were these:

The Senate had to retake the bill up on Wednesday because the House passed some minor changes in its version.

The legislation adds 23 toxic and burn pit exposure conditions to the Department of Veterans Affairs database, while expanding care for post-9/11 veterans who were exposed to the burn pits.

The burn pits were used for the combustion of medical waste, human waste and other waste needed for disposal. Exposures to those toxins can lead to asthma, rhinitis and cancer.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3577296-gop-senators-block-bill-expanding-care-for-veterans-exposed-to-toxins/

Yeah, it was pretty powerful. I am just reluctant to argue that they voted against a bill that they just voted for, until I know what those changes are

1 Like

Remember when you believed hunters lap top was Russian misinformation because “50 intel people” said so? The left lies…always. They lie when the truth would work.

1 Like

It’s illegitimate because these are the only changes the bill went through after its initial passage.

So if there was a “slush fund”, it was also in the bill many GOP senators voted for when it passed 84-14 the first time.

1 Like