Why did liberals stop caring about over population?

They’ll be able to make waigyu steaks for pennies.

Also has the side-benefit of not having to dedicate so muck ■■■■■■■ land to raise animals only to slaughter them frequently in inhumane ways.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m no vegetarian, but the way we mass-produce livestock is pretty appalling.

The population freak out was used to get abortion legal. Now, they don’t care.

Not me. I’m a farmer and see the difference first hand. I will never eat anything that isn’t 100% organic. I don’t live in the Sahara so there’s no need for me to eat food with unnecessary crap in it

Yeah, you have options.

The problem I have as a consumer is that independent testing shows “organic” produce sold on the shelves is often in no way organic and may have been treated with even worse pesticides etc than the non-organic stuff.

We can support many more people. We can pave the Rocky mountains, we can use up every drop of water from the Colorado river ( oops, my mistake, we already do that), we can eliminate 99 percent of all wildlife, we can turn a ten minute commute to a two hour commute, we can live like sardines. Just because we can, doesn’t mean we should.

Immigration doesn’t have anything to do with overpopulation.

Birth rates are important to over population. Guess what happens to birth rates when people immigrate here from countries with high birth rates?

They go down.

Because we have easy access to family planning methods, which has been the most effective means of combating overpopulation. Did you notice how much we’ve been fighting for easy access to birth control the last decade?

Libs want mass immigration to Earth? That’s a new one on me. But hey, that’s a pretty kick ass idea. Let me know when the first space ships land. I want to be there.

Not true. Nearly all of our population growth is due to immigration. Our U.S. birth rate is relatively low. We are absorbing the world’s overflow. That is where our growth is coming from.

Don’t read reports commissioned by Big Ag.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/the-truth-about-organic-produce-and-pesticides/2018/05/18/8294296e-5940-11e8-858f-12becb4d6067_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.03a02b97d3e4

You’re confusing the US population growth with world population growth.

The concern for over population comes from how many people the world can support. World population is the only number that matters in that regard.

You’re only looking at it from the perspective of this country, which is irrelevant to the concern of over population.

Same here. I don’t even trust the dirt that’s out here so I make my own soil from scratch with 100% organic, OMRI listed ingredients.

Here’s the recipe. It works wonders for all sorts of fruiting/flowering plants.

4 cubic feet of organic, pest-resistant, water-only soil

Base:

10g	Earthworm Castings		(1.0-0.0-0.0)
10g	Peat Moss				(1.0-0.0-0.0)
10g	Perlite #4 - 1" course pellets	

Amendments:

16c  Glacial Rock Dust (0.0-0.0-1.0) Pest/disease resistance, Symbiotic microbe promotion, Essential minerals

2c Dolomite Lime		                pH balance	
2c Seabird Guano		(0.0-11.-0.0) 	Bloom
2c Crab Meal  		    (4.0-3.0-0.0) 	Pesticidal
2c Neem Seed Meal		(6.0-1.0-2.0) 	Pesticidal/Nitrification
2c Alfalfa Meal  		(2.5-0.5-2.5)	Branching
2c Kelp Meal			(1.0-0.1-2.0) 	Rooting
2c Endo-Mychorizae       		   		Microbial Cultures
1 Like

I use a very similar recipe although I add coco-coir to most of my base mixes. Also malted barley to some of my amendments to promote fruit set.

1 Like

Sounds like California under the dems…

Why don’t you move?

Because, I live in the best part. Just have to pay to stay, since I’m not on the dole…

Your neighbors think you live too close for them and are making the area over populated.

Just wanted to point out, since it looks like you made the same mistake in the OP, that your link says 83% of wild mammals are gone, not wild animals. Still not good, but a big difference.

A lot of people swear by coco-coir, but I’ve never tried it to see. If I recall correctly, back when I was still learning the ropes, the only reason I ended up going with peat moss was because it was cheaper on the shelf. lol

Any advantages over peat moss that you’ve personally seen, whether indoor or outdoor?

they will be replacing gluten with protein from pigs and worms. So no worries.

Sweet, that means at least a big portion will be coming from BACON!!! :drooling_face: