Why did Joe flip flop?

I responded to another one of your posts (#25) with what to do with businesses that hire them.

I didn’t make this ludicrous, all-or-nothing claim. You did. Support it yourself.

Because they (business owner) hire them. Its their job to vet the hires. Find out their past work experience. I work where there are vetting processes to ensure that employees have valid drivers licenses, pass background checks, pass drug tests, etc.

Because banks give them credit cards and mortgages, because people sell them houses and cars. I see no reason to single out business owners to assume the burden of ensuring people are here legally. It should apply to all who do business with them or none.

All I am saying is that I have not seen a quote or plan from any of them that is not in total support of unlimited illegal immigration. I have not been able to find it. I have found no restrictions yet. Maybe they are there and I haven’t seen them? If you have, can you please help me out?

Hey now, they’ll deport illegals, provided they cause serious harm to Americans first and are felons. Sort of a human version of you have to vote for it to see what’s in it.

This is just the Biden plan. Right? So unlimited illegal immigration unless you are a rapists, murderer of cartel member? How does he plan on deporting criminals who are protected by sanctuary city policies?

No, no, you can still come in if you are a rapist or murderer, we have no way of knowing who they are when they are illegal, and you can stay right up until you rape or murder someone here and get caught.

So a felony DWI could still cause someone here to be deported, assuming an innocent American is killed first? See, the media was claiming that Biden didn’t think an illegal should be deported over a felony DWI, but in some cases they could be. Unfair to Biden.

I could, but I won’t. “…total support of unlimited illegal immigration.” I’m so tired of seeing these kinds of laughably unsupportable statements (in fairness, from both sides). “Democrats want to destroy our way of life!” “Republicans are inhumane monsters!” And they get nothing but “harrumph” from their respective sides.

If you’re going to engage in fear-mongering, then back it up.

I think that illegally crashing our borders should get someone deported. If we don’t do that, we are giving them preferential treatment over real, legal immigrants.

Back up what? The fact that I have not seen a plan that does not allow for unlimited illegal immigration? I don’t need to convince myself that I can’t find such a plan. I’m not trying to convince you. How do I back up what I can’t find? Any ideas? :man_shrugging:

Remember, you have not seen such a plan either. So there’s that.

Okay, I’ll play along. I’m unfamiliar with Joe Biden stating this very specific policy position. Perhaps you could provide a quote in context?

BTW, a felony DWI that kills someone should get you deported, after you serve the same lengthy prison sentence any American should serve. Entering this country illegally in search of a better life, or to escape violence in your country of origin, should not get you automatically deported. It should get your case adjudicated in a court of law. IMHO.

This is not how debate works. If you assert a position, you back it up with facts. Until you do that, there’s nothing for me to refute. I’m no trial lawyer, but I think there’s a legal position that the defense doesn’t need to present a case if the prosecution doesn’t present one.

I’m not debating. I couldn’t find any example. That’s not debatable. It’s just a fact. Now maybe you could? If so, I would be grateful. :blush:

And if they’re found to be here illegally, they should be turned in for deportation. Right?

I’m not going to search down Biden’s statement, which was common news only about a week ago.

In any case, the law as now stated is that if you are in the country illegally you are deported. Wanting a better way of life is not an exception to our immigration laws. Anyone who says it should be is, in fact, for open borders. They are basically inviting a billion people or so to run the gauntlet of our borders.

A billion. That’s a lot of people. :roll_eyes:

I guess my point about unproductive hyperbole didn’t take.

Of course.

And while we’re at it, might as well jail the mayor of the town that allowed him to move there, then jail all of the people who voted for the mayor. And since the people who voted for the mayor are guilty, see who these people voted for in local elections and arrest them all, then all of the state elections, and presidential elections. ■■■■■ going by your thought process, Trump* could be jailed because some business owner in a small town in Ohio hired a few illegals.