Why did Joe flip flop?

raiden

2 Likes

Hes used to shoving his foot in his mouth so we agree.

They’ve all flip flopped. All of them have suddenly become in favor of unlimited illegal immigration. It was a nearly instant 180 degree flip. Why?

That’s not true. Stop regurgitating what AM radio is telling you.

Read up on their positions.

That is awesome advice. Maybe you should follow it? Which candidate has a policy to limit in any way, illegal immigration? Which candidate supports the work that ICE and border patrol does? Which candidate believes that sanctuary cities should cooperate with ICE? Which candidate believes in deporting illegals? Got any names? How about regurgitating one or two?

2 Likes

Why flip flop? Trump got and still polls about a third of the Hispanic vote. Democrats know if they can take that away then they win. Their stereotype of Hispanics is that they all favor illegal immigration. That’s about it.

My decision to support one candidate or another doesn’t focus solely on immigration. In fact, that’s pretty low on my scale. Building some stupid wall isn’t going to do ■■■■■ Wanna get stuff done to deter the hiring of illegals? Arrest the owner of the business. “Oh, but then the business goes belly up.” Ya know what? Too ■■■■■■■ bad. Learn to NOT hire illegals. Lessons to be learned. Ya know what works? Word of mouth. “Oh ■■■■■ Did you hear Johnny Ham and Egger’s construction business went under because he hired illegals? He’s in jail and was fined a lot of money. Maybe we shouldn’t hire illegals. Don’t want my business to go under.”

What punishments does Trump* pose to incur on businesses that hire illegals? Maybe he should set a great example by arresting the owner of his golf courses, since they hire illegals. Or maybe the owner of Trump Winery.

Wow…Biden must really have TrumpCons worried. He’s not even a blip in the top three yet, there is a huge concern about him being the one to face off against Trump, as TrumpCons are still battling the ghost of what used to be a threat to Trump. Biden is not the concern anymore, these constant anti Biden posts are just a waste of time aren’t they?

Every blue collar worker should read this before voting for a democrat. Psst, it’s not just the owner who loses his livlihood in your preferred world, it’s every American they employ as well. Oh and it is already illegal to knowingly hire illegals. Up to and including jail time for repeat offenders.

You can get a convincing fake ID for cheap. Employers must accept them if a reasonable person would believe they were genuine.

Maybe not. But that is the topic of this thread. And ALL of the candidates are in favor of allowing all of the third world poor who want to come here to get in. And be paid 15 dollars per hour to do who knows what? Or to be placed on public assistance. No limits on numbers. We’ll take them all.

So what should be done with businesses that employ illegals? Tell them no? Slap them on the wrist? Smack their nose with a newspaper?

It is illegal to hire illegals, but businesses still do it. So what is the solution? Besides built some silly wall?

As said, maybe Trump*, whose businesses hire illegals, should set an example. Right?

Good lord.

There is no hope for some.

Stiff fine and possibly jail time. What do you think we should do to them?

Was that targeted at me? Am I the “some” you are referring to? There is no hope because my opinion is different from yours? Good Lord, why the hell are you here if you don’t want to hear diverse opinions?

He’s pandering for votes in an election year.

Any other questions?

If we are going to jail business owner who hires illegals that should apply to anyone who does any sort of business with them. Gives them a bank account, credit card, mortgage, sells them a home or car etc. Why should the burden of discouraging illegal immigrants coming here be solely on business owners who hire them?

To be fair, they have stepped up the criticism of Bloomberg and continued the snide gay jokes with Buttigieg. There’s even been a mention of Clinton. BOO!

I want to put my arm around him and let him know its OK to drop out and retire from public life.

The rest of his family won’t do it.

:service_dog:

Yeah…me too. I think his time is about up!

Here’s what Amy Klobuchar has on her website:

" Immigration: Comprehensive immigration reform is also crucial to moving our economy and our country forward. Amy supports a comprehensive immigration reform bill that includes the DREAM Act, border security and an accountable pathway to earned citizenship. She is committed to stopping the cruel and inhumane policy where the government is taking kids away from their parents. (Amy Klobuchar for Minnesota)

Where does she say she say that she wants to allow ALL of the third world poor to get in? Not seeing it.

Here’s what Mayor Pete says:

My plan has four components:
I. Promote belonging and democracy. A vibrant democracy is one in which we all belong. But too
many of our neighbors can’t fully participate. The number of permanent residents eligible to
naturalize has grown to nine million. We will reduce barriers to naturalization and actively
encourage citizenship. At the same time, 11 million undocumented people, including Dreamers,
live among us—two thirds have been here more than a decade —but still have no chance to
become citizens. We must and will create a path to citizenship for them.
II. Modernize our immigration system to reflect our economic needs and our values. We will
build in flexibility to adapt to economic and labor trends, and extend the benefits of economic
growth and in-demand skills to the places that need them most. We will prioritize family unity by
reducing the green card backlog and eliminating bars to reentry so families can be together. We
will take a humane approach to immigration enforcement, one that more effectively meets our
public safety needs, uses detention sparingly, and provides due process and accountability.
III. Protect the border and the people who arrive there. We will update our ports of entry and use
modern technology to maintain and strengthen our border, while making sure that the U.S.
government guarantees safety for all, including by protecting due process rights and improving
the asylum process so that every asylum seeker has a meaningful opportunity to present their case
and is treated humanely throughout the process.
IV. Engage with the global community. We will lead the international community and address the
root causes of why people and families are forced to leave their homes: wars, persecution, natural
disasters, climate disruption, and economic decline. We will welcome refugees to our shores and
unleash innovation and new partnerships that extend humanitarian protection for those who need
it.

Where does he wants all of the third world to get in?