Why aren't countries without the burdens of White Privilege and Systemic Racism flourishing?

Acknowledgement would be cool, maybe even helpful.

Too many lost cause folks, taint it for the ignorant who do not know better.

Serious question, what is the color of the sky in your world? Is water wet there?

Blue…

Water is very wet…

It’s called earth…

How bout yours?

Dover illegals are mostly single males.

Allan

It is against the law, that i biggestal, go to Georgia and provide food and water to people standing on line waiting to vote. Period.

Allan

Even the governor who signed the bill knows it.

“I [also] didn’t think it necessarily made sense [to not allow] water and food in line,” he added. “I think there were just better ways to do it.”

It’s crystal clear what the republicans are doing.

Allan

2 Likes

Who is keeping people from receiving water? Georgia passed no such law. The election LAWS forbid political parties - people with an agenda, from handing out water at voting precincts. There is no law banning generic water being passed out in Georgia.

Stop the lies.

If you are alluding to Georgia, they extended their early voting time.

Stop the lies.

Who is better to pass laws governing elections than the state legislators elected by the people? That is the way it has worked all these years. Why are people just now protesting?

2 Likes

It’s actually not a lie if you had read the article you posted it confounds political parties and water distribution. I wonder why… oh yeah because rhe law actually prohibits anyone other than poll workers regardless of electoneering efforts from giving out water.

[quote=“biggestal99, post:14, topic:238822, full:true”]

Yeah, I’ve been wondering what problem that particular new law was meant to fix.

1 Like

How far back are going here? They gained their independence in 1821. If everything is so hopeless due to past events, what is point of foreign aid?

One problem with your “Have you heard about a guy named Bob Bork”? question: Bork’s nomination was voted on. Even some Republicans thought Bork was far too radical to be on the bench and he wasn’t confirmed.

Turkey can deal with its own problems.

I never understand these kinds of appeals.

It’s like the “You think gays have it bad here…you should check out Saudi Arabia” appeals.

Why do people insist on comparing the United States to the worst examples in the world they can find and say “Yep…we’re good enough”?

2 Likes

It’s like an NFL team beating the Lions in the preseason and acting like they won the Super Bowl…

This is off topic, but I wonder if other countries, when discussing things like criminal justice and prison, use the US in the same way.

I wonder if Herr Schneider is saying to Frau Wilhelm “Yes, but if we make guns easier to get, we’ll be like the US and our homicide rate will quadruple. Now let’s just agree to disagree and have some schnitzel.”

1 Like

Pure unadulterated crap.

With Reagan and Even with Clinton, there were still moderates on both sides, but the partisan divide was still there outside of those moderates. Today it is harder for moderates to be elected and as a result, the partisan divide is more visible.

If I had to point to something that exacerbated this divide, I strongly believe it was Obama’s presidency. DEMs expected everyone to suddenly abandon their conservative values when he was elected, because he was the first black President. When they refused to do so, they were called bigots and racists.

1 Like

One mans crap is another ones gold.

That’s exactly when partisanship died.

Allan

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Here’s a link to an article in the Federalist that includes the actual language in the Georgia bill.

Wallace Falsely Claims Georgia Law Bans Drinking Water While Voting.

I hope the screenshot I linked above came thru…but the key sentence is in section 33 part e…which states that the will does not prohibit election officials from providing water…the law does prohibit Stacey Abrams from printing vote Stacey labels for her water bottles and handing them out within proximity of the polling place but people can bring their own food and drink and polling officials can provide beverages…

In other words people aren’t going to die of dehydration in HotLanta on Election Day.

Biden has already gotten four Pinocchio’s for his lies about this bill.

There’s a lot not to like imho…17 days of early voting is too much for me…

But let’s at least try to be honest about the bill please.

1 Like

I’ve got some bad news for you about central and South America.

And yet the word electioneering is not present in the part of the bill referencing water. Volunteers who are not electioneering cannot bring water

Compare it to France and the U.K then two first world western countries which helped bring about the enlightenment.

"A broad swath of French politicians, intellectuals and journalists, including President Emmanuel Macron, have gone further and apparently decided that ideas emanating from U.S. campuses pose an existential threat to their country. According to the New York Times, they believe “progressive American ideas — specifically on race, gender, post-colonialism — are undermining their society.”

This new mode of anti-Americanism may seem baffling, its targets — “woke” culture and U.S. academics — too ill-defined. But frankness about white supremacy and racial oppression strikes at the still very white heart of national identity in the U.K. and France."

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-02-18/u-k-and-france-are-diverging-from-u-s-on-race

In the end this is and American beast, which is why we are talking about white supremacy 24/7, Mr Potato Head, and trans-athletes allowed to beat up young women in sports. Your side gave up on the old religions and created new ones based on race and intersectionality that allows no deviation from thought and provides no room for forgiveness.

It’s ugly and the rest of the world not just Turkey doesn’t want anything to do with it, they know it’s toxic and can have no positive effects on their society. It’s only job is to tear things down from statues, laws of the land, and institutions they don’t agree with. The rest of the world is now looking at America and saying “We don’t want to be like that”.

3 Likes